On-line check won't let me enter in correct info.

lissie

OK i've tried this a few ways but so far the HAL online check in 

• Won't accept my NZ passport number  - does accept my partner's nz passport no - tells me its wrong - its not. 
  • Wont' accept our post-cruise flight on AC8607 - tells me  the flight number is too long its - its not!  Its a flight to Montreal on Air Canada  I doubt we're the first HAL passenger to take it - this I can just  say no to the flights question as it's of no relevance to the cruise anyways. 
  • More annoyingly  it won't accept my emergency contact's phone number -it has no hint as to what format it wants but an Irish number starts with country code  353 followed by 2 digits plus 7 digits - again its a common format. 

Does any of this matter or can I just sort it out at the terminal?  I have all the correct documentation, ESTA, ETA, don't need anything for Europe  - though HAL has not yet published what covid docs we'll need we will bring those anyways. 

This has choked a couple of times on our info as well...eventually it accepts it all.

The flight info...that sounds like a codeshare flight? What airline is actually flying the route and what is that airline's flight number?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

This has choked a couple of times on our info as well...eventually it accepts it all.

The flight info...that sounds like a codeshare flight? What airline is actually flying the route and what is that airline's flight number?

I believe its Air Canada metal - I booked on their website and it looks like that  what is flying on the usual tracking sites e.g. AC8607 - Air Canada AC 8607 Flight Tracker (flightstats.com)  The fine print on my booking says Operated by "Air Canada Jazz Express"  we are connecting through to Quebec City and that flight is "operated by Air Canada Rouge" - I don't have any alternative flight numbers. And flight numbers with that format are VERY common in NZ so I'm guessing in Canada too. 

The thing that is annoying is the contact person - the flight stuff doesn't really matter  - HAL isn't going to get us to the airport LOL 

Edited by lissie

Sorry you’re having such frustration!  I’ve had trouble getting data into HAL, but others suggested trying a different browser. Chrome has worked when Edge didn’t, or iPhone Safari didn’t.  Using a computer has helped instead of a smartphone. 

For the flight, is there a place to enter the airline?  Then you can put in just the numerals, dropping the leading AC. 

The passport number is critical. As is the credit card number which is where I’ve usually choked. 

Wishing you better luck!  m—

• Like 1

@lissie,   I understand what you are going through. 

Prior to one cruise, for our emergency information,  the HAL website insisted on sending us to an American airport instead of an airport here in NZ.  The site absolutely refused to accept a non USA airport.  On board the ship I had the information corrected.

Good luck.

50 minutes ago, erewhon said:

@lissie,   I understand what you are going through. 

Prior to one cruise, for our emergency information,  the HAL website insisted on sending us to an American airport instead of an airport here in NZ.  The site absolutely refused to accept a non USA airport.  On board the ship I had the information corrected.

Good luck.

Oddly enough they are perfectly happy to accept Wellington as our airport - and its the right Wellington too - not one in N. America LOL 

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Sorry you’re having such frustration!  I’ve had trouble getting data into HAL, but others suggested trying a different browser. Chrome has worked when Edge didn’t, or iPhone Safari didn’t.  Using a computer has helped instead of a smartphone. 

For the flight, is there a place to enter the airline?  Then you can put in just the numerals, dropping the leading AC. 

The passport number is critical. As is the credit card number which is where I’ve usually choked. 

Wishing you better luck!  m—

I can't try the credit card info yet - my card expires this month and I haven't got a new one yet - I'd expect HAL to reject a card that expires before we cruise (some hotels do). 

Yes I was doing it in Edge on a computer - I can play with browsers - its just extra-ordinary that a really, really big corporation can't get this basic stuff right!   

Yes they have  a place for the airline so I can drop that - though I still am curioius as to why they even want the information - we didn't book flights through them.