Two Encore Questions - specialty dinner and ship’s tour

I am going the end of the month to AK on the Encore with some family and have a couple of questions.  I am platinum and everyone else is on their first NCL cruise.

1.  I understand they’ve brought back the ship’s tour, which you get for free if you’re platinum.  Do you get to bring a guest?  If so, I’ll sign up and take the newbie cousin I’m rooming with.  

2.  Where do you actually go when you board the ship for specialty dining reservations?  I’ve always booked ahead but we’d like to try to get all 6 of us into the Tappenyaki so I’ll make a beeline when I board to see if that’s possible.  Everything pre-boarding is full.

Thanks!

Melody

1 hour ago, melodyesch said:

I am going the end of the month to AK on the Encore with some family and have a couple of questions.  I am platinum and everyone else is on their first NCL cruise.

1.  I understand they’ve brought back the ship’s tour, which you get for free if you’re platinum.  Do you get to bring a guest?  If so, I’ll sign up and take the newbie cousin I’m rooming with.  

2.  Where do you actually go when you board the ship for specialty dining reservations?  I’ve always booked ahead but we’d like to try to get all 6 of us into the Tappenyaki so I’ll make a beeline when I board to see if that’s possible.  Everything pre-boarding is full.

Thanks!

Melody

When we were on the Encore in January, they were doing in-person dinning reservations at a table in the Atrium just to the left of the Starbuck's entrance.  

On the Joy they actually setup the specialty dinning reservation sign-up in Teppanyaki.  

We've also seen them setup in the Social in the past. 

Since all those places are just a few paces from one another, you should be able to find it quickly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, melodyesch said:

1. No. The free tour is for people having Platinum or above status. If you are platinum, sign up at the Cruise Next Desk in the Atrium (Deck 6 mid-ship) on embarkation day. The tour will sell out. If you are above Platinum, you can also sign up for other perks at Cruise Next. 

2. As soon as you embark, go to The Social (Deck 6 mid-ship) to complete your entertainment reservations (Comedy Shows (early shows family oriented, late shows 18+), Choir of Man), Canvas by U painting classes, go karts, laser tag). Then go across the hall to Teppanyaki (Deck 6 mid-ship) to make your dining reservations. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, melodyesch said:

Thanks for the responses.  This is just what I needed to know.

This is an example of what reservation availability looked like on one night on the Encore a few weeks ago. Make Sure you have a reservation. (Red = Sold Out). Even restaurants like Lobos and Food Republic were sold out. 

image.thumb.png.c719887c3489b44d7cff6fc34ac8ae1d.png

image.thumb.png.e5ce6d8ed497a8d95788a73f68e22d03.png

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

This is an example of what reservation availability looked like on one night on the Encore a few weeks ago. Make Sure you have a reservation. (Red = Sold Out). Even restaurants like Lobos and Food Republic were sold out. 

Wow!  Thanks for that @BirdTravels.  I’ve never seen Q or Los Lobos sold out!

Thankfully, I did make all our reservations at 21 days out, but am just hoping to switch the Tappenyaki to a more desirable day.  With 6 people, it seems like a long shot, but at least I have a date already secured!

2 hours ago, melodyesch said:

Wow!  Thanks for that @BirdTravels.  I’ve never seen Q or Los Lobos sold out!

Thankfully, I did make all our reservations at 21 days out, but am just hoping to switch the Tappenyaki to a more desirable day.  With 6 people, it seems like a long shot, but at least I have a date already secured!

For future reference, you could have done your dining reservations 125 days out. Chances are that you would have got 6 people then (we are currently 120 days out from our Breakaway cruise and there is quite good availability for 6 & 8 at Teppanyaki).

27 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

For future reference, you could have done your dining reservations 125 days out. Chances are that you would have got 6 people then (we are currently 120 days out from our Breakaway cruise and there is quite good availability for 6 & 8 at Teppanyaki).

Thanks.  I have 21 on the brain because tomorrow is 21 days out.  I did make them at 125 days!!

• Like 1