...just thinking about the success of Celebrity's Move Up program

Boo's Mom

Celebrity's Move-Up Program

It's a brilliant idea. 

What is your guess on the per sailing gross financial gain due to the Move Up Program? 

My guess is $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 per sailing. 

Celebrity Millennium

1079 cabins/suites

If 1/7 of the cabins pay to have their cabin moved up and the average cost per cabin is $500...

154 cabins x $500 = $77,000.00. 

A much better process than dealing with upgrades at Customer Service when you first board the ship. 

(which, I am sure still happen)

I can't make an accurate guess on money made.  I do think, though, that if you are estimating you need to consider that since move-up started probably quite a few people are booking lower priced cabins hoping to get a deal during move-up.  Perhaps if there was no Move-Up available they would have booked the higher priced cabin initially.  In those cases, Celebrity would be taking a net loss for those bookings.  I have zero estimation as to how often that is the case, but I would bet money that it certainly happens sometimes.  

• Like 2

This is similar to what the airlines have been doing.  It also reduces the chances for a passenger to be visited by the upgrade fairy.

• Like 1

On our recent sailing all successful move up bids were from Inside to OV and IV to veranda.  Minimum on some was $50 po.

Suites were sold out-and only 1 opened in last 60 and that was filled by someone doing a regular upgrade.

There was 1 AQ that opened about a week before sailing and that may have been filled by move up.

I bid to MU to a RS, which never opened. The minimum bid was $300 pp

Edited by jelayne