Whats the Encore up to today?

She will be sailing into Seattle, Washington later this evening to begin Her Alaskan Sailing Season.  She arrived from Her Panama Cruise to Vancouver, British Columbia Thursday evening disembarking passengers on Friday.  She needed to kill some time before being able to dock in Seattle tomorrow.  She was sailing in circles until it is time to head for Seattle in a few hours from now (6:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time).

Edited by www3traveler
correct spelling
  • Thanks 2

We will be on this transition cruise next April. We end in Seattle, so this sounds a little weird. Did it end in Vancouver this year?

17 minutes ago, RB9643 said:

We will be on this transition cruise next April. We end in Seattle, so this sounds a little weird. Did it end in Vancouver this year?

yes. it did a short cruise from LA to Vancouver

16 minutes ago, RB9643 said:

Yes, this year's re-positioning cruises for both The Bliss and The Encore ended in Vancouver then sailing into Seattle with crew only.

32 minutes ago, RB9643 said:

This year, the repositioning cruises were from Los Angeles to Seattle. Your cruise will be from Miami visiting a distant port to Seattle. The Passenger Vessel Services Act prevents cruise lines from transporting passengers between different US ports without going to a distant port. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nataly1982 said:

Anyone boarding Encore today? Would like to know if there are any other shows in theatre except for Choir Of Man. 

This is an *example* from the Encore a couple of weeks ago. There is theater entertainment nightly. Guest entertainers sign short (month or less) contracts, so the entertainment is constantly changing. And the schedule of entertainment will change around the guest performers (e.g., with relaxation of COVID restrictions, entertainers can fly in, preform a night or two, and disembark). 

IMG_2268.thumb.jpeg.b7e57ccbbb78c21285a233033aa75e19.jpeg

IMG_2268.thumb.jpeg.e1dff0b2b65d3114e72e29cfbd62dac2.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

This is an *example* from the Encore a couple of weeks ago. There is theater entertainment nightly. Guest entertainers sign short (month or less) contracts, so the entertainment is constantly changing. And the schedule of entertainment will change around the guest performers (e.g., with relaxation of COVID restrictions, entertainers can fly in, preform a night or two, and disembark). 

Thanks for this Bird. I booked Choir of Man online and the rest I’ll book straight after embarkation. For entertainment is Social Club and for specialty dinning is Teppanyaki if my notes are correct.

Would you know if it is possible to access the bow while cruising Glacier Bay? And how exactly do you get there? 

We are planning to use pool and jacuzzi every day. Would you know if it is possible to rent a bathrobe? Is this possible from spa or towel station, if at all… 

Many thanks

10 minutes ago, Nataly1982 said:

Thanks for this Bird. I booked Choir of Man online and the rest I’ll book straight after embarkation. For entertainment is Social Club and for specialty dinning is Teppanyaki if my notes are correct.

Would you know if it is possible to access the bow while cruising Glacier Bay? And how exactly do you get there? 

We are planning to use pool and jacuzzi every day. Would you know if it is possible to rent a bathrobe? Is this possible from spa or towel station, if at all… 

Many thanks

They normally open the bow and will provide direction on when it is open and how to get there (I think that access is via Deck 8, but it's been a while). 

You can request a bathrobe from your cabin steward. If available, they are complimentary. If you have a Thermal Suite pass, you can get robes in the Thermal Suite. 

Towel station on the pool deck will be open daily. You get check out beach towels and deck blankets. The blankets sometimes sell out because people check them out and keep them for the duration of the cruise.

We normally sit out on our balcony nightly with our blankets (which is still daylight) and watch the sea for whales and other sea life (e.g., dolphins). Remember to bring your sports binoculars with you. 

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

They normally open the bow and will provide direction on when it is open and how to get there (I think that access is via Deck 8, but it's been a while). 

You can request a bathrobe from your cabin steward. If available, they are complimentary. If you have a Thermal Suite pass, you can get robes in the Thermal Suite. 

Towel station on the pool deck will be open daily. You get check out beach towels and deck blankets. The blankets sometimes sell out because people check them out and keep them for the duration of the cruise.

We normally sit out on our balcony nightly with our blankets (which is still daylight) and watch the sea for whales and other sea life (e.g., dolphins). Remember to bring your sports binoculars with you. 

Thanks a lot. Yes, binoculars already packed. 😊

On 5/6/2023 at 11:22 PM, BirdTravels said:

This year, the repositioning cruises were from Los Angeles to Seattle. Your cruise will be from Miami visiting a distant port to Seattle. The Passenger Vessel Services Act prevents cruise lines from transporting passengers between different US ports without going to a distant port. 

LA to Vancouver.  

On 5/7/2023 at 12:31 PM, BirdTravels said:

That’s fairly weak.  No broadway style show. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2023 at 6:32 PM, Nataly1982 said:

Many thanks

You plan to use the pool in Alaska? 

4 minutes ago, JCDCA said:

You plan to use the pool in Alaska? 

Yup. Summer in Alaska is shorts and t-shirts weather and the pool is busy every day. We sail to Alaska every year. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JCDCA said:

That’s fairly weak.  No broadway style show. 

Yes- we were on the Panama Canal positioning cruise just two weeks ago and the lack of decent entertainment was shocking. They axed Kinky Boots which we were really keen to watch and now sell the second tier Choir of Man as the main act. It’s okay to maybe watch once, but certainly nothing to write home about.

Oh- and they got some Philipinos wearing ridiculous wigs enacting every grandparent’s favourite- the Beatles. Big fat yawn!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/11/2023 at 12:42 AM, BirdTravels said:

Yup. Summer in Alaska is shorts and t-shirts weather and the pool is busy every day. We sail to Alaska every year. 

I think that’s a bit of a stretch.  Average highs in Juneau in the summer months are only in the 60s.  I sailed to AK over Labor Day previously and the pools were getting very minimal use.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 12:40 AM, BirdTravels said:

Choir of Man is a Broadway show and is the most popular show on NCL. 

It’s not on Broadway and is a very pedestrian show with some quite average pub singers.  It’s not great.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1