How/when do I get boarding pass

elaine5

4 minutes ago, elaine5 said:

Hi, new to cruising with Cunard. I am almost at 90 days out. How do I get my boarding pass? Can I choose my arrival time? 

21 days before boarding you will be able to open the Checklist in your My Cunard Voyage page on the Cunard Site. There you will get the further documents you will need and further information you will need to complete like the credit card you will use for on board purchases. 

The boarding pass you will printout along with the luggage tags and e ticket will show the assigned time Cunard will ask you to arrive at the Terminal. They assign the time, you will not be able to select the time you wish.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elaine5 said:

What happens if we arrive in advance of time. Do we wait until the specified time or could we board early? 

A question that is frequently asked and many stress about it.

If you are having to rely on public transport ie trains etc and if you can managed to arrive at a 'sensible early time' of no more than two hours before your original check-in time you will not be turned away from the terminal building .

You maybe asked to take a seat until called forward to the check-in desk . Just to clarify, Check-In and Embarkation are two separate procedures, therefore after check-in there is a possibility you'll be asked to take a seat and wait for the embarkation announcement.     

• Like 2

and just to add, embarkation for us last August was 1pm [we were one of the first to board] and our arrival time for our next cruise is 12.30pm, which again, would signify a 1pm or later boarding time.

• Like 1

You don't actually need a pass - I've stopped trying to find a way of printing them when travleling - all you need is your passport and maybe a booking number but your ID will be sufficient 

• Like 1

we decided to arrive in Rome a couple of days early so it wont be too stressing (of course my daughter has ulterior motives: she has a sweat shirt that reads "pay me with pasta" she already made a list of all the places we need to eat at!)  They told us Cunard does not have transfer if it isn't the day of the cruise sailing, even though we booked the flights with them...so THANK YOU @Victoria2 for mentioning 1pm, I know this could not be our time, but just in case, I can start planning hotel check out & all in case we do need to arrive around that time 🙂