Remind me how on-board credit works!

WestonOne

I have sailed with P+O often enough I should know, but I forget!

On an upcoming cruise my wife and I have £370 credit each and we will be registering a single credit card for the cabin.  Does this count as simply £740 for the cabin/card, or do we actively have to manage who spends on what so we don't end up with money to pay while still having unused credit?

2 minutes ago, WestonOne said:

I have sailed with P+O often enough I should know, but I forget!

On an upcoming cruise my wife and I have £370 credit each and we will be registering a single credit card for the cabin.  Does this count as simply £740 for the cabin/card, or do we actively have to manage who spends on what so we don't end up with money to pay while still having unused credit?

It's the total that will show on your on board account. The whole £740 can go on handbags, so watch out.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, TigerB said:

Bear in mind that if you log into your My Holiday app, you won't see the breakdown of what is spent on your wife's card, just yours.

Depends on the card holder. I always register by credit card and was able to see my account and my husband’s account on My Holiday app, He was only able to see his own account, not mine. We managed to spend the last few pounds of our OBC on the last day on pressies, 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 10:19 AM, TigerB said:

Bear in mind that if you log into your My Holiday app, you won't see the breakdown of what is spent on your wife's card, just yours.

We find it easier to just check it on the cabin tv

22 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We find it easier to just check it on the cabin tv

Not all ships have it on the tv. Anyway, you need to be your cabin. On the 'app' you can check at any time ie in the shop when contemplating a purchase.