Apex Thermal Suites

rollie

I'm thinking about doing the thermal suite on our up coming Apex cruise.  Celebrity states a price o f219 dollars fort a 7 day pass.  As we are Elite Plus, would I get a 15% discount.  Is it better to book on board or on line ahead of time.  Thanks.

Rollie

2 minutes ago, rollie said:

I'm thinking about doing the thermal suite on our up coming Apex cruise.  Celebrity states a price o f219 dollars fort a 7 day pass.  As we are Elite Plus, would I get a 15% discount.  Is it better to book on board or on line ahead of time.  Thanks.

Rollie

There are NO Elite or Elite+ Discounts for thermal suite passes, so you're better off buying it precruise.

Have you ever been to the Thermal Suite?    If not I would highly recommend visiting first.  

We were in AQ for 2 weeks and used the place twice.   First time all of the loungers were occupied.   We went to the various rooms.    Very boring and didn’t see the purpose of sitting in a room with a salt block, or crystal.    The dry heat?   Or the steam room?  I can sit on my balcony in the caribbean and have the same effect.  Salt, hot and humid. 

The shower is like walking thru a car wash.   It is a corridor with different spray heads.   Not individual like the S class.  

When we finally we able to get loungers they were in the sun and not as comfortable as those on the S class.   The loungers are under a slanted window, during the day the sun will beat on you and they are rather difficult to get into and out of.   I am 5’ 10”, flexible and have a BMI under 24 for reference.    They are close together and have low over head because of being under the slanted window.   We went back one more time to see if our opinion changed.   It didn’t.   Never went back.  

Like many things on the E class it is more for design and not function or comfort. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

I agree with "miched" that unless you have seen the E-Class Thermal Suite that you may want to look before you buy. Another problem that we have smashed into is that when we buy a cruise pass we have never actually went to the spa (E-Class or S-Class) every day of the cruise. I think that we have left money on the loungers, sort of speak, every time. 

Also agree with miched that the loungers are not as nice as the S-Class Persian Gardens' loungers due to the issues miched mentions. We also had problems with the loungers not being available without a short wait.

We have an 11 day Beyond cruise coming this January and the price for a spa cruise pass, as of a few days ago, is nearly $400 p/p. My wife who is the biggest fan of the loungers in the spas instantly said no way. No disagreement from me. We will be looking at other options to spend our considerable OBC. 

It is sad that Celebrity has not improved the Spas in the E-Class ships. With all the high tech stuff all over the ships the spa is a let down. The spas on MSC (newer ships) & Princess (Regal Class) are much better.

• Like 1

Agree..with all the comments.  We would never pay for a pass for more than i day if any.  If PG comes with AQ cass we will go a few times. Not as good as on S Class ships other than it does have a great locker room.

Loungers are like a solar oven...

Big miss is lack of a real T pool!

Thanks for all the replies.  We were in an Aqua Sky Suite in April, and I liked the thermal spa and used it on all but one of our 7 day cruise. For our upcoming cruise on the Apex we have sunset balcony, and Celebrity is charging 209 dollars for the week.  I was just wondering if I should book before the cruise or wait until we get on the ship.

Rollie

We had the Aqua Sky Suite on the Beyond recently and I enjoyed the Thermal Suite almost every day, especially late afternoons as it was less crowded and a beautiful place to watch the sun set. I can tell you that the spa items I pre-booked were discounted and there was no discount available once we were on board. I think $209 sounds like a pretty good price compared to the daily on-board price if you feel that you will use it a lot. They do not allow access to the thermal suite with a spa appointment so the purchase of the pass is the only way to get in.