Beware Balcony Doors - Locked out

Just now, barbeyg said:

That's exactly how I would handle it.  😂  A little humor hopefully will go a long way in this kind of situation. If not, they have to find me to lecture me. 😁

Well it was our room steward that locked the door on us. He was so upset with himself. We had the Hotel manager come see us just to be sure we were ok. We laughed it off and told them we were fine. It's a story we have been telling for years. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

Well it was our room steward that locked the door on us. He was so upset with himself. We had the Hotel manager come see us just to be sure we were ok. We laughed it off and told them we were fine. It's a story we have been telling for years. 

Bless his heart.  I know he must have felt bad.  We have several 'stories' we share about travel incidents too.  Glad this one wasn't a big deal. 🙂

Yeah, I don't like walking back into a humid warm room after being on the balcony.  The times we've booked balcony cabins, they all seem to have shut the A/C off when the door is open.  Must have been new enough ships.  Thanks OP for the reminder about some of the doors and the inadvertent opportunity to get shut out.

12 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

It definitely shut our AC off on Oasis... I doubt it would affect  the neighbors, but our air was not running unless the door was shut AND locked when we were on board. You could literally hear the vent start blowing as soon as you turned the handle to the locked position.  

Just off of a two week cruise on Wonder, and that was the first Oasis class ship we have sailed where the thermostat in the suite actually indicated when the balcony door was open. Even though the door was open, the AC didn't completely shut down, but it did noticeably cycle down to a much lower fan speed but was still  blowing cold air. All of the other Oasis class ships we have sailed, including Oasis, Allure, and Harmony did the same downcycle but none of them ever actually stopped completely.

1 hour ago, lovrccl said:

The same thing happened to us years ago. Lucky for us it was breakfast time and we were at the back of a ship. We yelled to people above us who were eating. One lady yelled back, "Are you hungry I will throw you a banana?" Then she called security!  Lol

The question is, did she toss a banana?  

• Haha 2