Need recommendation for an independent helicopter excursion in Juneau Sep 13 Majestic Princess

geepmaley

Lots of "we did such and such" but not seeing specifics on companies used? Heard a bunch of what you fid on the internet is broker driven vs actual providers, so thought Id ask here.

We will be in Juneau on Sep 13> interested in helicopter/Mendenhall trek/walk options.. Not intersected in ice climbing

Thanks so much in advance

I have had very good experiences with Costal in Juneau. My first thought was that 13 Sept is pretty late in the season and not sure that helos would be available. I would be making some calls now and remember that Juneau is in different time zone from Seattle. sightcrr. 

We are booked with NorthStar Helicopters for a tour in Juneau in June.  It includes the helicopter ride and 2 hours hike on the glacier.  They got great reviews.  When I called to book, they answered all my questions and were great on the phone!  www.northstartrekking.com  Good luck!

Edited by ermedchyc29
forgot to add month
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 10:25 AM, ermedchyc29 said:

We are booked with NorthStar Helicopters for a tour in Juneau in June.  It includes the helicopter ride and 2 hours hike on the glacier.  They got great reviews.  When I called to book, they answered all my questions and were great on the phone!  www.northstartrekking.com  Good luck!

Is that the extended trek deal? Are you guys hikers?

On 5/14/2023 at 12:01 PM, geepmaley said:

Is that the extended trek deal? Are you guys hikers?

We are NOT hikers!  We are going on the Helicopter Glacier Trek.  I asked the person on the phone the difference between the 1 hour vs 2 hour time frame on the glacier and its just that, longer time frame to walk on explore the glacier.  There is no ice climbing, or trekking to remote places.  Their website is great!

20 hours ago, ermedchyc29 said:

We are NOT hikers!  We are going on the Helicopter Glacier Trek.  I asked the person on the phone the difference between the 1 hour vs 2 hour time frame on the glacier and its just that, longer time frame to walk on explore the glacier.  There is no ice climbing, or trekking to remote places.  Their website is great!

Figured it out Trek is 2 hours. Extended trek is 3 and includes climbing. Regular trek is not available for our dates