Expectations of NCL

jkbec101

OK this is my second reply. I read through your expectations.

I have cruised on four different cruise lines and it is safe to say

that none of them met those criteria. I have talked with people who

went on very high end cruise lines and none of them met that criteria.

The closest I ever got to that was on a land based vacation at a high

end resort. There are too many moving parts on a cruise ship for everything

to be perfect. I do however agree that if asking a question that person should

get it right and not just guess.

2 hours ago, FitchburgWIFamily said:

In August, for reasons I can’t defend, I am sailing with five 21/22 year olds.  5.  Two girls are in one cabin and three boys are in the other.  I plan on finding the steward for the boys cabin on the first day to apologize in advance.  I’ll  slip them $100 and tell them they only need to empty garbage in the trash can and supply new towels.  They do not need to make beds, vacuum or do any other cleaning for the duration of the trip.  Because that cabin is going to be a hot mess and no one except the messers should have to put up with that.

After @tonit964's post, seems like you might want to consider the same thing for the girls' cabin?  The boys WILL be messers, but there's a good chance the girls will be the messier messers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

At the very least, I think it's reasonable to expect customer service agents to not screw up reservations. 

Today, I called to upgrade the stateroom on our European cruise this summer, which just passed final payment. Per the rep, going from Oceanview to a Balcony would cost $495, and all of the Free at Sea promos would cary over (not a sailaway rate). Imagine my surprise when we hung up, and the new docs arrived in my email... showing the FAS promos had *not* carried over and we owed an additional $314 balance (since we lost the $50 shore ex promo credit used several times).

I've currently been on the phone with a different rep for 25 minutes trying to resolve... apparently not an easy fix? 

To the OP:  Thanks for a good guffaw ... or, as the young'uns used to say ... As if!🤭🙄

While your wish list items were all fine and well individually, they weren't based in the reality that we all currently live in.

It reminds me of when DH and I go off on a "what if" dream world of what would be the perfect ship, picking favorite features and amenities from all our past cruises on all the different ships.  It's a fun and fanciful exercise ... that will never happen or exist!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

At the very least, I think it's reasonable to expect customer service agents to not screw up reservations. 

Today, I called to upgrade the stateroom on our European cruise this summer, which just passed final payment. Per the rep, going from Oceanview to a Balcony would cost $495, and all of the Free at Sea promos would cary over (not a sailaway rate). Imagine my surprise when we hung up, and the new docs arrived in my email... showing the FAS promos had *not* carried over and we owed an additional $314 balance (since we lost the $50 shore ex promo credit used several times).

I've currently been on the phone with a different rep for 25 minutes trying to resolve... apparently not an easy fix? 

Yes, the perks should carry over - or be modified to whatever is current.  Every cabin gets the $50 shorex, even sailaway, so that should never be an issue. So sounds like a system error.  There may be some additional charges if the upgrade includes additional meals, plus an increase in insurance if you took that.

There was a post on another forum from someone who had a similar issue - but they didn't notice until they got onboard.  

5 minutes ago, julig22 said:

There was a post on another forum from someone who had a similar issue - but they didn't notice until they got onboard.  

Oh, I compared the two statements immediately and wanted to insert a new code along the lines of NCLWTF. Ha.

• Haha 2