Elite traveling with non elite

tourismtessy

35 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Definitely maybe. I watched them turn people away in Port Everglades but then relent and let one couple bring their guests in and board early on the same day

The only thing I have found to be consistent at Port Everglades is inconsistency.  Just stay loose and go with the flow and eventually you'll get on the ship.

It always helps to be friendly toward the shore side staff too.

3 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

The only thing I have found to be consistent at Port Everglades is inconsistency.  Just stay loose and go with the flow and eventually you'll get on the ship.

It always helps to be friendly toward the shore side staff too.

Smiles never hurt! I was surprised these people got what they wanted given that the just kept insisting loudly that their non-English speaking companions couldn’t be without them, but got the sense that the agent was just exhausted by them. I’d have found the energy to send them all to the general waiting are if  they’d been in my face about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Smiles never hurt! I was surprised these people got what they wanted given that the just kept insisting loudly that their non-English speaking companions couldn’t be without them, but got the sense that the agent was just exhausted by them. I’d have found the energy to send them all to the general waiting are if  they’d been in my face about it.

And entitled jerks like that give the rest of the Elite tier level a bad name by assuming all Elites are like that.  Seen it on Celebrity and RC. 

Thank you all for your honest responses.  We are paying for their cruise and we are traveling together. I don’t want to ruffle any feathers or do anything that might be considered rude or inappropriate so we will just board in the general group with them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, tourismtessy said:

Thank you all for your honest responses.  We are paying for their cruise and we are traveling together. I don’t want to ruffle any feathers or do anything that might be considered rude or inappropriate so we will just board in the general group with them.

Thank you for returning to your thread.  Often times, the OP never updates.  We all appreciate you asking for advice and wanting to follow the appropriate protocols.  

Pick an early boarding time when it becomes available.  "Treat" them to a nice MDR embarkation lunch.  You all will have a wonderful time.  I love seeing the excitement through the eyes of new passengers.  Welcome to the Princess world.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tourismtessy said:

This FAQ page from the Princess website refers to the Disembarkation Lounge.  I think extrapolating it to the Embarkation Lounge is reasonable.  I think that you have made a mature decision.

That being said, there is a phone number in the FAQ's to answer any questions you have.  I think that it is worth a try.  If all of the passengers are linked together, I don't think that having your parents along with you for embarkation, the lounge, and disembarkation is unreasonable or abusing the privilege.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipFAQ.page