The Catch by Rudi Menu

Kay.redmann

34 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

I am sure there are exceptions, to more than 1 appetizer, just have to ask when you get there.

With the new premier now being unlimited SD I would hope we can order as many if any included item as we’d like during a meal. I’ll find out in January. But maybe someone can post their experience sooner. 

16 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

With the new premier now being unlimited SD I would hope we can order as many if any included item as we’d like during a meal. I’ll find out in January. But maybe someone can post their experience sooner. 

@HaveDogWillTravel  Serious question, why would you think the new unlimited SD entitles you to order outside the parameters of the selections listed on the menu (i.e. choose one app,  one main etc). My understanding of the unlimited would just be that you do not have to pay the cover charge.  It would be the same as the casual dining where you get whatever is covered by the $14.99 charge.

Edited by t&atravel

27 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

You would think they would allow this, otherwise you’d need 2 reservations for 2 main entrees. Make a 6:30 pm and 7 pm reservation and then you can order 2 entrees! 😂😂

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

In my experience with the unlimited casual meals on the premier package, we’ve not be able to go outside the parameters very often.  Once in a while, they will allow us to order soup and a salad and then we split a pizza.  Last time, not so much.  
Well, you know how we never over order, though because of how much I detest wasting food.  That’s a childhood thing that has turned into an adult thing even more strongly!  

• Like 1

@moonstaring I guess I don’t understand your question about the $10 additional entrée charge in a specialty restaurant (personally I’ve never heard of this if you have a package -it’s included- 1 entree per person. If you don’t have a package, you have paid $39 for all three courses whether you consume them or not )

You have now stated that you have the Premier package- then you will not pay any additional entree fee except for the up charged items.

So if you only want an entrée, you’ve already paid for it . 

if you would like to have an appetizer, an entrée, and a dessert -you’ve already paid for it in your premier package. 
Is that what you meant?

or do you wish to have the fantastic journey , an appetizer, two entrées, and a dessert for 1 person?

Edited by arizonaperson

1 minute ago, arizonaperson said:

@moonstaring I guess I don’t understand your question about the $10 additional entrée charge in a  specialty restaurant (personally I’ve never heard of this if you have a package -it’s included. if you don’t have a package, you have paid $39 for all three courses whether you consume them or not )

You have now stated that you have the Premier package- then you will not pay any additional entree fee except for the up charged items.

So if you only want an entrée, you’ve already paid for it . 

if you would like to have an appetizer, an entrée, and a dessert -you’ve already paid for it in your premier package. 
Is that what you meant?

or do you wish to have the fantastic journey , an appetizer, two entrées, and a dessert for 1 person?

An extra entree will still cost you the price shown on the menu above the cover charge or the what’s included in the premier package now.  
Also, it’s $45 for the cover charge now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

It is unlimited visits not unlimited food. And the app w I’ll not allow multiple reservations 

Unlimited visits? 

Meaning 2 per day? Wouldn't it be easier to just serve what you want at each seating? 

I have yet to hear anyone making 2 visits to a SD restaurant in the same day. 

15 minutes ago, 555 said:

Unlimited visits? 

Meaning 2 per day? Wouldn't it be easier to just serve what you want at each seating? 

I have yet to hear anyone making 2 visits to a SD restaurant in the same day. 

I have heard the app will not let you make multiple reservations on the same day 

54 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@HaveDogWillTravel  Serious question, why would you think the new unlimited SD entitles you to order outside the parameters of the selections listed on the menu (i.e. choose one app,  one main etc). My understanding of the unlimited would just be that you do not have to pay the cover charge.  It would be the same as the casual dining where you get whatever is covered by the $14.99 charge.

Well I was thinking, and that could be the problem lol, if there’s unlimited SD then maybe they wouldn’t need to script what you get each time. But I do get the logic @memoakpoints out of unlimited visits not unlimited food. But unlimited visits does mean you can go more than once a day. I haven’t seen any fine print (yet) that says one SD per day 

I try (as @Cruise Raiderdoes) to only order what I will eat. Adam and I lost 14% of our body weight this year and are so much healthier for it. I have not had to take my blood pressure meds since June. We can bend over AND breathe at the same time lol. We are strategizing how to enjoy the food yet maintain our success.  Each having a salad and an ap then sharing a main & skipping desserts is kind of what we are thinking. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arizonaperson said:

So the cover charge is $45.+18%  On all ships or just The Sun Princess ?- for Catch by Rudi?

All SD restaurants are now $45 plus gratuity   I have checked my next 6 cruises and they all show the same   Crown Grille,Sabatini’s Harmony etc

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I had to try that out and found you are correct. 

IMG_1707.jpeg

They really shouldn’t advertise unlimited specialty dining then, it should advertise “1 specialty dining per day”. I would never go to 2 a day unless specialty was open for lunch, but it’s deceitful advertising, imho.

15 minutes ago, offtopic said:

They really shouldn’t advertise unlimited specialty dining then, it should advertise “1 specialty dining per day”. I would never go to 2 a day unless specialty was open for lunch, but it’s deceitful advertising, imho.

What's new? It's deceitful anyway as you can't get SD slots on many upcoming cruises.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, offtopic said:

One specialty dinner, which is only open for dinner, is enough for anyone, I would think.  I have gone soup and salad for lunch and gone to split a pizza for dinner at Alfredo’s, though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I try (as @Cruise Raiderdoes) to only order what I will eat. Adam and I lost 14% of our body weight this year and are so much healthier for it. I have not had to take my blood pressure meds since June. We can bend over AND breathe at the same time lol. We are strategizing how to enjoy the food yet maintain our success.  Each having a salad and an ap then sharing a main & skipping desserts is kind of what we are thinking. 

You two are my heroes!  You both look so very good!  
We sometimes even split 3 appetizers in lieu of a main course.  They’ve not said a word in the specialty restaurants about doing that.  

• Like 1