The Catch by Rudi Menu

Kay.redmann

4 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

I think if they find each Premier Package person wants SD dining every night they’ll only sell 500 (or whatever) per cruise. Interesting to see if the do that or drop the “unlimited” to a certain number of free SD per cruise. 

@paddingtonbear  I agree and think they may have to do something! As with anything that is offered and gets abused there is a breaking point.  I don’t think they expected people to use SD as their main dining room.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

I don’t think they expected people to use SD as their main dining room.

Why create an unlimited specialty dining if they didn’t expect people to actually use it that way?  If they wanted to limit it, they would have changed the limit from 2 visits to 4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Personally, my partner and I travelled with the (truly, no prix fixe nonsense) unlimited dining option on the Symphony of the Seas several years ago and it was too much!! Specialty dining every night is just too much, rich food. Very filling and we were forced to either be very wasteful or very uncomfortably full, we found the servers work hard to have you try as much of their menu as you can since they assume you only do specialty 1 or 2 nights in the week. We vowed to never do it again as we felt sick by the end of the cruise by all the rich food. And now we have Unlimited Premier booked for our first Princess cruise, in November of this year. We keep reminding ourselves not to overdo it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

I think if they find each Premier Package person wants SD dining every night they’ll only sell 500 (or whatever) per cruise. Interesting to see if the do that or drop the “unlimited” to a certain number of free SD per cruise. 

I could fully understand if they did limit it based on the number of cruise days but it sounds better as a selling point to state unlimited, just like the drinks, desserts & internet. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2024 at 12:42 PM, offtopic said:

Personally, my partner and I travelled with the (truly, no prix fixe nonsense) unlimited dining option on the Symphony of the Seas several years ago and it was too much!! Specialty dining every night is just too much, rich food. Very filling and we were forced to either be very wasteful or very uncomfortably full, we found the servers work hard to have you try as much of their menu as you can since they assume you only do specialty 1 or 2 nights in the week. We vowed to never do it again as we felt sick by the end of the cruise by all the rich food. And now we have Unlimited Premier booked for our first Princess cruise, in November of this year. We keep reminding ourselves not to overdo it.

I’m with you in that!  When we overeat, we find ourselves wanting an evening with just small nibbles or soup and a salad.  It gets to be overwhelming.  
I still think there is value on the premier package, though.  We are waiting until we get back onboard to upgrade to premier.  We certainly won’t be going to the specialty dining every night, though.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 555 said:

Why?

It's the quality, not the quantity. 

For us it is about variety.  The MDR has a lot more variety than the SD venues.  On a 14 day cruise we do not want to see the same menu 7 times (we cruise on Sky and do not like Sabitinis which leave 2 SD venues).  We will book premier and go to each location 2 or 3 times at most on a 14 day trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

For us it is about variety.  The MDR has a lot more variety than the SD venues.  On a 14 day cruise we do not want to see the same menu 7 times (we cruise on Sky and do not like Sabitinis which leave 2 SD venues).  We will book premier and go to each location 2 or 3 times at most on a 14 day trip.

I suppose if you limit yourself to only one or two main courses that might be true but we're not at all  choosy & can vary our selections accordingly. 

3 hours ago, 555 said:

I suppose if you limit yourself to only one or two main courses that might be true but we're not at all  choosy & can vary our selections accordingly. 

There are also many favorites on the MDR menus that we really like and you cannot order off menu in MDR’s. We look at the dinner menu in the morning and if we don’t like it we will try to book a SD for 8:00 for that evening 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

There are also many favorites on the MDR menus that we really like and you cannot order off menu in MDR’s. We look at the dinner menu in the morning and if we don’t like it we will try to book a SD for 8:00 for that evening 

That's provided there's an opening. 

Things have changed ever since the new Premier has been introduced.

12 minutes ago, 555 said:

That's provided there's an opening. 

Things have changed ever since the new Premier has been introduced.

I am sailing on Sunday. As of last week every SD on the Majestic had openings after 7:30 and Harmony had openings all evening long. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1