Nautilus Club for ages 6-17

ajouni

9 minutes ago, bitob said:

Never. Not luxury. 

i do fine on regent silversea and seabourn 

a small child here and there

easy to avoid lol

Lots of luck, as Carnival, Royal and Norwegian put the screws to your 'luxury' lines and chip away at the features you enjoy.  Meanwhile, Viking doesn't have a mountain of Covid debt pressing down on them requiring cutbacks, and they are the only line I know of that limits passengers to 18+.  They may end up being the 'new luxury.'

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Lots of luck, as Carnival, Royal and Norwegian put the screws to your 'luxury' lines and chip away at the features you enjoy.  Meanwhile, Viking doesn't have a mountain of Covid debt pressing down on them requiring cutbacks, and they are the only line I know of that limits passengers to 18+.  They may end up being the 'new luxury.'

I have not seen any difference. On seabourn now. Plenty of caviar flowing. Entertainment fabulous. Food better than ever. Service superb 

3 hours ago, bitob said:

My point exactly

On a high end line our cruise was spoilt by the constant attention seeking antics of a lady who had entered their second childhood ~ and yes she did scream, shout etc. Cruising unless you charter a private yacht does require tolerance and recognition that some others around you may be annoying regardless of the price you pay. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, uktog said:

On a high end line our cruise was spoilt by the constant attention seeking antics of a lady who had entered their second childhood ~ and yes she did scream, shout etc. Cruising unless you charter a private yacht does require tolerance and recognition that some others around you may be annoying regardless of the price you pay. 

Of course. Obnoxious adults can be on board. Not uncommon. But if I can avoid a cruise with small children I increase my odds of a peaceful cruise. Never a guarantee. Odds are better on the luxury lines. 

4 minutes ago, bitob said:

Of course. Obnoxious adults can be on board. Not uncommon. But if I can avoid a cruise with small children I increase my odds of a peaceful cruise. Never a guarantee. Odds are better on the luxury lines. 

I’m not so sure. Luxury cruises often equal entitled adults and the worst “disturbances” we’ve had by far have been on high end lines where there were no children onboard. 
I will do my three Explora bookings this year including one peak school holiday and report back. I have no issue with children being around. I’ve more issue with the demanding entitled who “nit pick” and “flash the cash” physically or metaphorically for attention 

• Like 1

I’ve not had that experience on the luxury lines and I’ve sailed them all many times. Most passengers are well traveled, civil and keep to themselves. 

im waiting for my trusted ta to report on explora. My cruise is far enough out that I can cancel and book something else. The idea of a lot of small children is not one that appeals to us. We all have our priorities when choosing a cruise line 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 3:03 PM, parallax said:

Old Crystal had a childrens program and a kids facility.   During my cruises on Crystal, I found that children did not cause any disruption.  My guess is the same applies here.  Plus, if you go on longer cruises, the number of children are going to substantially decrease.   I also think Regent has a kids program as well at select times of the year.  

There were children on our 10 night Regent Splendor cruise at the end of April and the kids were Awful, littlest running at Will in Prime7 with No One, not even mgmt, saying or doing Anything! 😡 we will Not book Explorer if they promote families with small children as the parents do Nothing but Drink and let their kids take over the pool and hot tubs! 

There are adults only cruises and even cruise lines, but they all advertise themselves that way. If it doesn't say adults only, it's not. You need to tell your TA or booking agent, in advance, that you only want adults only cruises.

https://explorajourneys.com/us/en/life-on-explora/multi-generational-journeys?utm_source=sfmc&utm_term=Multigen_CTA_US&utm_content=229875&utm_id=22d3fda1-afe5-4460-8d0b-82565653be7b&sfmc_activityid=2cbe177b-a442-49a9-a7cf-2ee50ff61b1b&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=B2C_NL_ED_11052023_ENG_INT_US_UK_Multigen

On 5/11/2023 at 9:55 AM, ajouni said:

This is an unpleasant surprise.  We have 2 very expensive, long cruises booked that we will reconsider.  Any thoughts?

My thoughts are that, even though Explora does promote itself as a “multi-generational cruise line”, most likely you will have very little (most likely nothing) to worry about. 

First, cruise lines of this caliber attract very few families with small children. Second, the ones that they do attract are usually well traveled and aware of proper etiquette and behavior. And third, if the cruises that you have booked are long, it won’t surprise me if there will be zero kids onboard since families are most frequently attracted to shorter itineraries. 

The closest experience I’ve had with a cruise line catering to a more mature clientele but which had a kids program was on Holland America. We sailed on a week long Caribbean cruise during mid-winter break (when many schools are out the entire week). I was expecting to see a larger percentage of kids than usual. 

Out of 2,000 passengers onboard, less than 100 were children old enough to register at the kids club. You would’ve never known that there were kids onboard. The few you actually saw were at all times with their families. Always properly attired and well behaved, even attending lectures and asking very intelligent and well thought out questions. It was indeed a pleasure to see children behaving better than many adult cruisers. 

Granted, Holland America isn’t a Iuxury line, but it’s considered a premium line and usually shunned by most families with small children. That supports further my argument that, even with a kids program, most families will prefer to sail on other, more family friendly (and affordable) cruise lines.

In a nutshell, there will be a kids program on Explora Journeys, but it will hardly be a cruise line favored by the vast majority of families, specially on longer voyages. Any visions that you may be having of hordes of children, running rampant all over the ship, taking over hot tubs and elevators, and terrorizing adults, will most certainly never materialize. 😀

• Like 5