Can only print boarding pass and select embarkation time 12 days before cruise departure date on Carnival?

We sailed on Splendour in November.   Boarding passes could be printed 14 days before departure date, but we could print ours 16 days before sail date because we are platinum members.  

Sailing again on 28th May but carnival site states can't print boarding pass and select boarding time until 14th, which is 12 days before sailing.   Anyone sailed recently with Carnival experienced this?

1 minute ago, korky1 said:

We sailed on Splendour in November.   Boarding passes could be printed 14 days before departure date, but we could print ours 16 days before sail date because we are platinum members.  

Sailing again on 28th May but carnival site states can't print boarding pass and select boarding time until 14th, which is 12 days before sailing.   Anyone sailed recently with Carnival experienced this?

28 - 14 = 14 days? Would be the same for those without the priority VIFP boarding, and you should also get your extra couple of days this time as well.

Oops.  I can't count.  It is 14 days.  Perhaps they have brought back priority boarding for platinum and diamond and therefore they wouldn't need to let us select our boarding time 2 days before most others can.  Like to get on as early as possible - just one of my many quirks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, korky1 said:

Oops.  I can't count.  It is 14 days.  Perhaps they have brought back priority boarding for platinum and diamond and therefore they wouldn't need to let us select our boarding time 2 days before most others can.  Like to get on as early as possible - just one of my many quirks!

Platinum can print off luggage tags & boarding pass 16 days out once you check in , non platinum 14 days

the first boarding time slot is 11.30 -12.00 but could get on earlier if their on time 

Edited by rkmw

I have checked in but says can't print boarding pass till 14th. We have been platinum for a few years now   no idea why we can't print our boarding passes yet.  Normally could print them today as sailing on 28th means we are 16 days out today.

7 minutes ago, korky1 said:

I have checked in but says can't print boarding pass till 14th. We have been platinum for a few years now   no idea why we can't print our boarding passes yet.  Normally could print them today as sailing on 28th means we are 16 days out today.

I must admit I haven't taken notice of exact timing. I wonder if it is like Princess, where the number of days is based off a US West Coast time zone. If the case, it will open in the wee hours of tomorrow morning.

26 minutes ago, korky1 said:

Not sure why you can’t print yours off at 16 days, I could print mine off at. 16 days with no problems 

16 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Not sure why you can’t print yours off at 16 days, I could print mine off at. 16 days with no problems 

Which cruise could you print yours at 16 days?   We could do that for our cruise last November but not this one on 28th May. Website says online checkin not available until 14th.

9 minutes ago, korky1 said:

Which cruise could you print yours at 16 days?   We could do that for our cruise last November but not this one on 28th May. Website says online checkin not available until 14th.

I’m cruising on the Splendor this coming Monday 15th and I printed my boarding pass & luggage tags 29th April so that’s 16 days

6 minutes ago, rkmw said:

I’m cruising on the Splendor this coming Monday 15th and I printed my boarding pass & luggage tags 29th April so that’s 16 days

This is weird. I wonder why it is now 14 days for us?  My profile shows I am platinum with 114 sail days so we should have 16 days too.  Are you platinum also?

3 minutes ago, korky1 said:

This is weird. I wonder why it is now 14 days for us?  My profile shows I am platinum with 114 sail days so we should have 16 days too.  Are you platinum also?

Yes I’ve just made platinum 

have you got your check in time at 11.30-12.00

Edited by rkmw

8 hours ago, korky1 said:

How do you get your checkin time if you can't get into online checkin?

Not sure why you can’t check in until the 14th but set your alarm for midnight tonight and pick the 11.30-12.00 time slot if you wish and then you’ll be able to print off your documents and you’ll have priority boarding

16 hours ago, korky1 said:

They reinstated priority boarding in November, but likely that was after you had printed your boarding pass last time around. Do it early to be sure you get an early slot, but you should also have that front of queue priority boarding that you have earned.

Carnival used to let you do online checkin a lot sooner than they do now.  I usually can go on line 16 days before cruise to complete checkin, select boarding time and print tickets. Two days earlier than most, being Platinum.   Says this time online checkin available 14th May, so no 2 days head start for platinum? I will go online at midnight tonight as I never go to bed before then anyway.  Will let you know tomorrow how I go.

41 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Printed my HAL stuff earlier this week for June 4. No special loyalty level.

Carnival has a much shorter window than most. Don't know why. They all have their own versions; Princess is at 59 days.

On 5/12/2023 at 9:10 PM, rkmw said:

Yes I’ve just made platinum 

have you got your check in time at 11.30-12.00

Happy cr

On 5/13/2023 at 6:20 AM, rkmw said:

Not sure why you can’t check in until the 14th but set your alarm for midnight tonight and pick the 11.30-12.00 time slot if you wish and then you’ll be able to print off your documents and you’ll have priority boarding

Hi R,

Firstly enjoy your cruise and please post any tips you have for me for my cruise on 28th when you return home.  I went on at midnight and finally could do online checkin.  The earliest available was 12 -12.30, group B04, which makes me think other platinum and diamond members have had the previous 2 days to go in and book out the 11.30 - 12 time slot.  No big deal, just annoying why we couldn't have the earlier access to the site, when we are entitled to it.  

Have a great cruise!

Finally received email from Carnival today, telling us about our Platinum perks on-board and that we will have access to online checkin 2 days earlier than standard 14 days, so 16 days priory to sail date.

Considering that the cruise is now only 12 days away it is a bit late.  We definitely did not have access until 14 days prior to sail date, so perhaps somehow there was a glitch that didn't link our booking to our status until today.  

No big deal, as I managed to get 12 noon time slot which is only half an hour later than the first time slot of 11.30 which was unavailable at 14 days.

Any other Platinum members ever denied access to online check-in at 16 days before sail date?

For our November cruise, we received a similar email well before the cruise sail date and had no problem completing check-in at 16 days before sail date.  This cruise is the first time we have had a problem.