Experience with excursion Wait List?

Yehootu

I was waiting till some of our OBC showed up to book an excursion. We got the last ticket and I suppose the first slot on the waitlist. What has been anybody"s experience with the waitlist? We will be on the sailing prior to this one and if still on the waitlist I plan on talking to the Excursion desk if we aren't cleared from the list at that time. Hoping after final payment date that it'll open up. It seems now that you have to pay in advance that most wouldn't drop out. Just checking, luckily my wife doesn't check her personalizer so I have time.

• Like 1

I am wondering the same thing; we also got the last ticket & first on the waitlist, it seems.   Luckily, our cruise isn't for quite a while, but I'm checking the waitlist daily.   My worry is that I'll miss the notification and not pay in time when it does come up.

A friend just returned from a 20+ day sailing on the Regal. They overlapped with  7 and 14 sailings.

She never cleared the wait list for one seat on an excursion in Wales. I don't know what her place on the list was, but this was months before the cruise.

If the waitlist is large and they can find a bus, sometimes they add an extra group.  We have also had them cancel our excursion, only to add another more popular one and move us over…you never know til it happens—-just hope for the best and try to enjoy your second choice.

• Thanks 1

We recently got on a tour that we had been waitlisted for. We were waitlisted for quite some time and since we had onboard credit to use for payment I wasn't even aware that we had got on the tour until I printed the travel summary a week or so before the cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

I was waitlisted for less than 24 hours last week, for an August cruise excursion.  I was super surprised and happy.

Learned to check daily. Looked this AM and the excursion showed 1 ticket left. Immediately bought it. No notice from Princess as to our waitlist status. 

41 minutes ago, Traveler1977 said:

I waited about a week to hear, but it’s not confirmed until you pay. 

That’s what surprised me! Turns out another excursion had been cancelled and the OBC I had used for it was returned to my account and they just used that. I didn’t get notice of the cancelled excursion til yesterday, but because i got an email about the waitlisted excursion last week I checked my excursion list and worked it out myself.  

23 hours ago, CruisingSandgroper said:

We recently got on a tour that we had been waitlisted for. We were waitlisted for quite some time and since we had onboard credit to use for payment I wasn't even aware that we had got on the tour until I printed the travel summary a week or so before the cruise.

Same. Which is why I like to leave enough OBC to cover if if it clears. There's so few ship excursions I really want so it's a happy surprise when the ticket shows up!