Voyagers Club Update

MsTabbyKats

My Voyagers Club membership is due to expire this Oct.  But, I just got off a cruise, so it should update (add points and extend membership) automatically.  I want to book a cruise for 2024, but it's not allowing me to discount the price.

How long should it take to update?  I called customer service, but, of course, no help.

What often happens is that the system "thinks" that your membership will expire before your next cruise so it doesn't let you book with the discount. What SHOULD happen is that since your membership is valid today, the discount should be applied even if you are booking a cruise today for 2025. 

When this has happened to me, what I did was book anyway (without the discount). On one occasion, the discount was applied automatically and shown on my confirmation pdf. The total price was less than what I had seen on the screen just minutes before. On another occasion, the discount was not applied automatically nor shown on my confirmation pdf. I simply called with my confirmation number and told the rep my Voyager's Club number. Since it was still a valid number on that day, the discount was applied and I received a new confirmation pdf. (same booking number) a few minutes later. 

It might be a little bit more complicated if you are waiting for points to be added in order to reach a new status level but the member discount shouldn't be a problem to get.  

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

. . . .

How long should it take to update?  I called customer service, but, of course, no help.

It SHOULD not take long, but apparently it does.

My call to them resulted in the answer "within ten days"

My e-mail to them resulted in the answer, "per our policy, it can take thirty days".

Absolutely nothing from my March 30 Mereviglia cruise is showing up in Voyagers Club.

They truly are a mess in hospitality guest service if it is something about technology.

31 minutes ago, DGP1111 said:

It SHOULD not take long, but apparently it does.

My call to them resulted in the answer "within ten days"

My e-mail to them resulted in the answer, "per our policy, it can take thirty days".

Absolutely nothing from my March 30 Mereviglia cruise is showing up in Voyagers Club.

They truly are a mess in hospitality guest service if it is something about technology.

I asked the TA to give me a quote for next May because all the inside YC cabins go fast.  If he can't get the discount now....and I book...I'm assuming it can be adjusted.  But then again, this is MSC... where one should never assume.

Voyagers Club membership. Offer is applicable to new bookings made on April 28th, 2022 and beyond.*

-- Book 12+ months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount + Double Points.**
   (Silver, Gold and Diamond members will also receive a $50 Onboard Credit per person)

-- Book 9 to12 months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount.
   (Silver, Gold and Diamond members will also receive a $50 Onboard Credit per person)

-- Book 6 to 9 months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount.

-- Book less than 6 months before departure and receive a 5% Discount.

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

Is the cruise 12 months out or more?  If not, I don't think they are offering a VC discount any longer.

There is still some discounts offered for Voyagers Club when booking.

59 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Is the cruise 12 months out or more?  If not, I don't think they are offering a VC discount any longer.

Hmmm...5/4... slightly less than a year

According to the website they are offering the discount.  But then again....this is MSC...where nothing makes sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Hmmm...5/4... slightly less than a year

According to the website they are offering the discount.  But then again....this is MSC...where nothing makes sense.

I think phissy is correct.  More than 12 months out, you should get the 5%+5% discount (wouldn't it be easier to just call it 10%?).  Less than 12 months out, it's a 5% discount.  So it seems that should be showing for you.

VOYAGERS CLUB EXCLUSIVES OFFER

Book in advance and get the most from your MSC Voyagers Club membership. Offer is applicable to new bookings made on April 28th, 2022 and beyond.*

-- Book 12+ months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount + Double Points.**

-- Book 9 to12 months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount.

-- Book 6 to 9 months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount.

-- Book less than 6 months before departure and receive a 5% Discount.
Edited by Stockjock

@Stockjock What you posted says "9 to 12 months before departure" gets the 5 plus 5 plus $50/pp for silver/gold.  Less than 6 months is only 5 percent.

When I enter my VC membership number for cruises thru Oct it gives me the discount.  After Oct it gives me an error message and a phone number.

I doubt it will do any good, but perhaps try a different device.

That said, sounds like a glitch with MSC's system.  You can call the number or call an agent and see if they can place the deposit manually, with full discount (hopefully).

We had a different glitch w/my GF's account, but it had to do with the fact that she is originally from the Philippines and has 2 last names, sort of (Susan Lopez Smith - not her real name).  We had to modify it to show Lopez as the middle name and Smith as the last name, in this example.

If they can't fix it, sometimes, they create a new account for you and then move over your points and history.  That's basically when MSC can't figure out what's going on with their own systems, lol. 

19 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I doubt it will do any good, but perhaps try a different device.

That said, sounds like a glitch with MSC's system.  You can call the number or call an agent and see if they can place the deposit manually, with full discount (hopefully).

We had a different glitch w/my GF's account, but it had to do with the fact that she is originally from the Philippines and has 2 last names, sort of (Susan Lopez Smith - not her real name).  We had to modify it to show Lopez as the middle name and Smith as the last name, in this example.

If they can't fix it, sometimes, they create a new account for you and then move over your points and history.  That's basically when MSC can't figure out what's going on with their own systems, lol. 

I'm not thinking this is a problem or s glitch, just an inconvenience.  There is only cabin available where we want to be....and I'd rather book it sooner than later.  Ugh, I really don't want to mess with the acct. 

19 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I'm not thinking this is a problem or s glitch, just an inconvenience.  There is only cabin available where we want to be....and I'd rather book it sooner than later.  Ugh, I really don't want to mess with the acct. 

I was trying to think of additional helpful suggestions, such as calling, but then I remembered...

...it's MSC.

May God help you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I was trying to think of additional helpful suggestions, such as calling, but then I remembered...

...it's MSC.

May God help you.

For the record, I called MSC and the rep gave me the exact "5+5" discount that I came up with.

Crisis averted!

• Like 2

On 5/12/2023 at 1:37 PM, MsTabbyKats said:

I asked the TA to give me a quote for next May because all the inside YC cabins go fast.  If he can't get the discount now....and I book...I'm assuming it can be adjusted.  But then again, this is MSC... where one should never assume.

Our adjustment came in the form of an OBC, which was fine with us.