Decorations

gottagoacruzn

Hi, this is for you ladies to read, now don't get excited guys, its nothing personal bout you, so go back to sleep. Will be on the Crown princess in Sept, have the usual cruise ship door sign to hang out. Have an outside cabin, midship, deck 8, starboard side, was plannin to bring some ribbons, to spell out the word Hi!, an tape it to the window, so when the ship is in port, an docked on the starboard side, one can look up & see which cabin is mine, & take a picture.  Been lookin at bright white, bright yellow or hot pink ribbons. Which color would work better? Been doin some homework, with the colors. Oh, wasn't gonna put hi, in the middle of the window, but off to one side. Has anybody done that to their balcony or outside cabin? Inquiring minds would like to know. Any suggestions? Of course, at the end of the cruise, the window would be clean. Thanks. Ok guys, WAKE UP!!!!

Virginia

41 minutes ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Hi, this is for you ladies to read, now don't get excited guys, its nothing personal bout you, so go back to sleep. Will be on the Crown princess in Sept, have the usual cruise ship door sign to hang out. Have an outside cabin, midship, deck 8, starboard side, was plannin to bring some ribbons, to spell out the word Hi!, an tape it to the window, so when the ship is in port, an docked on the starboard side, one can look up & see which cabin is mine, & take a picture.  Been lookin at bright white, bright yellow or hot pink ribbons. Which color would work better? Been doin some homework, with the colors. Oh, wasn't gonna put hi, in the middle of the window, but off to one side. Has anybody done that to their balcony or outside cabin? Inquiring minds would like to know. Any suggestions? Of course, at the end of the cruise, the window would be clean. Thanks. Ok guys, WAKE UP!!!!

Virginia

At the Venetian in Las Vegas, I set my flashlight on flashing red and pointed it outward, since the windows are reflective glass. It worked.

Now I've gotten pretty good at counting over from the lifeboats or other markers to find my cabin. I've already located it in ship pictures for my September cruise to Iceland.

1 minute ago, Teechur said:
47 minutes ago, gottagoacruzn said:

At the Venetian in Las Vegas, I set my flashlight on flashing red and pointed it outward, since the windows are reflective glass. It worked.

That almost sounds like Amsterdam. 😂

They’ve gotten more strict with decorating cabins and say you can use any decorations with magnets, but not tape.  They don’t even put up happy birthday or anniversary sign’s anymore.

IDK about decorating the window/sliding glass door.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

They’ve gotten more strict with decorating cabins and say you can use any decorations with magnets, but not tape.  They don’t even put up happy birthday or anniversary sign’s anymore.

How funny! I didn't even consider that until now and red is the only flashing color. It was during the day though. If I left it on at night, I might have attracted some "customers" LOL! 🤑

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Virginia

You ac easily order a custom window cling that is easy to put up, easy to remove later, and is less likely to pop off or get cleaned off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruiseCrabs said:

You ac easily order a custom window cling that is easy to put up, easy to remove later, and is less likely to pop off or get cleaned off.

Great idea for a window cling.  I’d get a big grizzly or black bear, if you’re going to AK.  🐻   😜

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It's more of a money saving thing rather then being strict about decorations.

At least on our cruise last March.