Need help with Athens tour

ChicagoCubsFan

We did a cruise line excursion on  our first visit to Athens - can’t remember what it was called but it was a full day tour which included stops at all the main sights and ended with 3-4 hours on our own at the Plaka. Was very interesting and informative and we really enjoyed the free time to explore. I thought it was a nice excursion and would recommend.

4 hours ago, ChicagoCubsFan said:

Stopping in Athens on a 7 day cruise in September.  Looking for some type of city/history tour.  Has anyone booked an excursion thru RCCL?  Any recommendations would be helpful - Thanks

We did the most amazing tour in Athens booked with our rollcall. It was highly recommended by many on this board. PK Travel. Check them out...you won't be sorry !!!

It's been about a decade since I went, but I would highly recommend a private driver/tour.  We had relatively uncrowded  time at the Acropolis before the the large tour buses arrived.  Well worth it.

• 5 weeks later...

We were just in Athens twice during a Mediterranean cruise and had a fantastic experience with Hellenic Private Tours.

https://hellenicprivatetours.com/

We used them twice. Once for a private tour to ancient Corinth and also for a city tour of Athens. They were easy to book with, responsive to emails, and provided excellent information ahead of time. Once we were in Greece, they were prompt and used very nice Mercedes vans with friendly English-speaking drivers We were impressed with both of our tour guides. I can’t recommend them highly enough.