Tips and hints for solo cruiser

Avalon35

On 9/28/2023 at 11:26 AM, bob10173 said:

I am reading about all the solo cruisers. Are all these solo cruisers paying the singles supplement? I am thinking about doing a singles cruise but the cruise companies all want double. Normal? 

Hi. Since 2017, I've  traveled solo on all my cruises. For the most part,  I've looked for opportunities in which the cruise lines lower the solo supplement,  often down to zero. Some lines are better than others.  My next cruise is with Holland. I'm paying 100% solo supplement. I found such a great deal on the base fare that I happily accepted the 100% penalty. 

If you're really asking about fares on a "singles cruise," it depends on the company which is hosting it.  Some examples I've seen in the past have quoted what looked like 100% solo supplement, but I haven't really investigated this option. 

Yup, that's what I do I find a great cruise that works with a base fare at 100% supplement that I don't care about paying for, I'm not paying extra it is what it is. 

I love you all to death but if you think I'm sharing my cabin with any of you all or anybody else, you CRAY CRAY!!

My cabin, my bed, my balcony, MY BATHROOM🫣, my SPACE. 

I'm telling you I love you all with my heart, but that's all your gettin. Your not getting my cabin.😂😂😁.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, 1RCcruiser said:

Anyone have any cruises coming up?

41 days till my next cruise. Taking a big TA with 15 nights and a lot of great ports. After that I’ve got a gap in which I plan on getting a last minute deal at some point. Then 2025 I’ve got a big family cruise. I much prefer cruising solo. Recently however I started dating someone only to find out they get seasick, it might mean a lot of solo cruising for me in the future if he doesn’t want to risk it 😆 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, 1RCcruiser said:

@Honolulu Blue Where do you find the music charters that might help  with cruising solo and sounds fun!?

I've found that the music charters I've taken were a lot of fun.  If you can pay the price and you like a number of the acts involved, I recommend taking one, or two... or as many as you can afford. 🤑

Here's a list of full ship charters, keeping in mind that not all charters are music themed - but a lot are:  https://www.cruisetimetables.com/full-cruise-ship-charters.html

On 10/23/2023 at 10:19 PM, 1RCcruiser said:

I agree with @ttellis I prefer to pay double and stay alone in my cabin but would like to meet others on the ship for dinning and other activities.  I don't need to share my room.  LOL 

Yes it has nothing to do with not meeting people or not having dinner with other folks it's about having my own space in my own cabin for the time that I'm in there. I love meeting people love having dinner with them, y'all ain't staying with me in my cabin.😉

If I ever took the old lady on another cruise she gets her own(inside) cabin at the front of the ship😁😁😁 and I get the Lido Deck Mini Suite. Yep inside front of the ship, I get the Lido Deck Mini Suite, RIGHT!!! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1RCcruiser said:

Thank you.  I would love to do a 70s or 80s cruise if I can find one.

I would love to do an 80's cruise. I'm still stuck in 1980 and proud of it. 

Every time I found a themed cruise like that it wasn't a very long cruise just several days and I'm not sure I would have an interest in that type of sailing. 

1 hour ago, TTEllis said:

I would love to do an 80's cruise. I'm still stuck in 1980 and proud of it. 

Every time I found a themed cruise like that it wasn't a very long cruise just several days and I'm not sure I would have an interest in that type of sailing. 

I'm with you, but I imagine most ships - even charters - would find it hard to sustain that theme for longer than a week. Even I need some time to detox with grunge or disco after my 80s Cruise sailings.

My friend has gone on a few Blues Cruises and absolutely loved them!  They were all for 7 days then she had to come home and rest!

Back in my 20s I could go full blast for a full week, but sadly, not now.  😉

~Nancy

• Like 1