Harmony May 6th to the 13th.

This may come a s shock to the naysayers here, but this cruise was fantastic. From the crew to the food, which was always hot when it came from the kitchen, to the shortened menu. We never ha d a problem finding food to eat, and some of the old classics are on the menu every day. The shrimp are smaller, and the lobster is ridiculous, but everything else was as it should be. Izumi Hibachi was great. The entertainment was terrific. Never had a problem getting a drink at any bar, either at the bar, or by a server. The pool bar, at times, had 7 bartenders, as well as several floating servers. I couldn't believer I was on a ship from the same company that's been described on CC. Check my signature if you think I never sail with anyone else and am a shill for Royal. This is my honest opinion.  No short staff anywhere. The shop is immaculate.

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

This may come a s shock to the naysayers here, but this cruise was fantastic. From the crew to the food, which was always hot when it came from the kitchen, to the shortened menu. We never ha d a problem finding food to eat, and some of the old classics are on the menu every day. The shrimp are smaller, and the lobster is ridiculous, but everything else was as it should be. Izumi Hibachi was great. The entertainment was terrific. Never had a problem getting a drink at any bar, either at the bar, or by a server. The pool bar, at times, had 7 bartenders, as well as several floating servers. I couldn't believer I was on a ship from the same company that's been described on CC. Check my signature if you think I never sail with anyone else and am a shill for Royal. This is my honest opinion.  No short staff anywhere. The shop is immaculate.

I agree with you 100%! We were on the same cruise and honestly I was bracing myself and not setting very high expectations after reading Cruise Critic for months while planning this cruise.  I am so happy to say we had a wonderful week! I will be posting a review in a day or two with things I haven’t seen mentioned,but like you we had a great cruise on the Harmony this past week!   

• Like 1

I must be in the minority or too strong of a believer in the theory that people are far more likely to complain online rather than go out of their way to post positive experiences but I’m expecting to have an amazing time on Wonder in 3 weeks… just as I’ve had on every cruise I’ve ever taken.

Appreciate hearing about some positive experiences nonetheless. Glad you both had a great cruise.

9 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Our group of 7 (5 cabins) were on the same cruise.  We all had the UDP and the beverage package.  Every bar and restaurant we visited was excellent. Really good food and service. 

Getting off this morning was a mess, however. 

We did self assist and walked off the ship in 10 mins at 7:00 a.m. We were at the  Airport by an Uber by 7:40.   

Thats good to hear , as i got an email to make arrangements for final payment.

I never take the negative reviews too seriously anyway, and look forward to my Harmony cruise in a few months.

• Like 2

I agree this cruise on Harmony was great. Staff was excellent. Walk around  jogging track to disembark was tedious and Columbus the musical was a waste of time.

1 hour ago, peach570 said:

I agree this cruise on Harmony was great. Staff was excellent. Walk around  jogging track to disembark was tedious and Columbus the musical was a waste of time.

It’s a comedy musical.  If you don’t take it to seriously it is very funny.  The shark character is the hilarious. 

• Like 1

I just got off Harmony yesterday as well. Enjoyed the cruise very much.  Lots of passengers on for sure. I found the food in the MDR to be of poor quality however, the Windjammer was good.  I dined at Jamie's, 150 Central Park and Izumi the food was exceptional and the service outstanding !  Entertainment was good as well.  State Room attendant provided amazing service.  Hope everyone that was on this cruise will complete the Survey to let RCC know how they feel.   

On 5/14/2023 at 7:52 AM, loman said:
20 hours ago, peach570 said:

guess musicals are not you cup of tea. Thought it was very good. 

I rarely pay attention to the all complaint post. If that is their experience then fine but I have always had great experiences on my cruises. I’m not saying that everything has always been perfect which I never cruise looking for 100% perfection but every cruise as been an enjoyable experience for me. Hell if I would have went by all the negative reviews which were many about my first cruise ship Sovereign of the Seas I wouldn’t be cruising today. I booked it anyway and had the time of my life and have been cruising ever since. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bigque said:

I rarely pay attention to the all complaint post. If that is their experience then fine but I have always had great experiences on my cruises. I’m not saying that everything has always been perfect which I never cruise looking for 100% perfection but every cruise as been an enjoyable experience for me.

Well said. I made a very similar post recently, either here or another popular blog site. I'm as excited about my cruise in 20 days as I have been for any other cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tulsacoker said:

guess Hamilton for some was not good. Loved the sharks too  

Well.  I don’t understand all the hoopla about Hamilton.  Granted I only watched it on TV (was it Amazon that streamed it?), but the vocals were so poor (for a professional) for at least a couple main characters and that probably did it for me.  Just couldn’t get into it in any way.  To each their own, but I’ll never understand all the hype with that show.  note: I don’t write anything negative about it on a public forum.  Again, to each their own.  

Edited by topnole

I also was on this May 6 th Harmony cruise, this is my 8th cruise on Harmony, and I must say, overall it was the best of them all, service and staff were wonderful in every department.

A lot of the more negative reviews I read on hear, regardless of cruise line, are by prior cruisers who cruised back in the 00s or preCovid, and seemed to have false memories leading to unrealistic expectations.  We've had good cruises and not quite as good of cruises.  Not fans of the MDR, if there are good specialty restaurants on board. And we avoid the pool deck, especially when lots of children are on board.   But most of any small issues we have had got handled and weren't anything to gripe about on line.  I've seen cruisers at guest services going into tantrums over absolutely nothing.

I liked the Harmony  My only sore spot was we were scheduled for Antigua and the pier wasn't finished.   Wanted to meet up with some of the Atlantic Challenge rowers who were finishing in Antigua.  So @deliver42 and @npat10  glad you had wonderful cruises.

• Like 1