Drinks Package Changes

Mad4WDW

4 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I've not looked at the alcoholic drinks prices but note a 20p increase in the cost of a medium cappuccino coffee from £3.15 I've just paid here on Arvia to £3.35 on the new one. Iced latte bought yesterday was £2.70 on that menu you've just posted will be £2.95.

The prices are all being changed when the new menus are being introduced. I can see the cocktails has increased too. Ventura and Iona had their new drinks packages start today hence the new menus. 

27 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

That’s brilliant that the menus clearly state which drinks are included in each package and reassuring that the exclusions for the deluxe package aren’t as extensive as some of us cynics might have feared. It would be fantastic if someone was able to post a full set of drinks menus from all bars, all clear and the right way up. I know a very obliging chap who might help if the new packages are live on Iona yet @Interestedcruisefan😂 

If Peller Ice Cuvée is included I might have to reconsider my stance on drinks packages 😂 

I’m really hoping it’s not, 2 reasons first being, if it’s in the package they might run out, secondly I “might” be tempted to double both my bar bill, by buying the package and also double my alcohol consumption to make good use of it! 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Kip family of 4 said:

I will upload as I see them being posted from others.

I’m waiting for the glasshouse wine list to see what wine are included in Deluxe.

Luckily for us we buy the package in advance as we have children who get the free soft drinks. I then normally pay extra for the Aperol spritz/ other wines but as P&O have confirmed we will have Deluxe for no extra cost, I’ll be saving money this time 

IMG_1008.jpeg

IMG_1009.jpeg

IMG_1010.jpeg

Thanks for these pics dare I say it but fair play to P&O theyve got something right fora change! Enjoy your deluxe package

• Like 2

Looks like most of the drinks (alcoholic and soft drinks) have risen in line with headline inflation, 5-10pc.

Notably, the wine prices haven't sorted themselves out yet; still several examples of where it is cheaper to buy three large glasses, each of 250ml, then one bottle of 750ml.

From a personal point of view, I think that the "refresh" package is no longer worth the money, given the apparent losses of hot chocolates and fruit juices, which were available in the children's package (also for adults!).  I also think that most tee-totallers would struggle to make good use of the package at these prices.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mollag said:

Works out 80 pence a day more for the classic package for us if bought in advance for once no complaints from me

I'm strictly PAYG so notice small price increases more.  Solo travelling I drink very little alcohol, one g&t if I'm going to something musical and sometimes a cocktail if it's something different.

• Like 1

With over £1000 OBC on our next cruise in September , I was going to buy the drinks package with their money. Looking at the drinks menus, I will PAYG. I don't like the pay a fiver more pd if you use OBC. Also I don't  like small glasses of wine, the large glasses are better value. Some Cocktails I like are excluded so it's a no from me.

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm strictly PAYG so notice small price increases more.  Solo travelling I drink very little alcohol, one g&t if I'm going to something musical and sometimes a cocktail if it's something different.

Fully understand that. Just for example my drink of choice as PAYG has gone up from £4-95 to £5-05 and the OH wine also only up 10p so no massive increases

1 minute ago, Mollag said:

Fully understand that. Just for example my drink of choice as PAYG has gone up from £4-95 to £5-05 and the OH wine also only up 10p so no massive increases

Yes, I noticed the prices on non alcohol stuff look like the biggest uplifts.  I'm glad it's good for some.

Watching the performance in Brodies this afternoon as the football was on television and it was a cold wet day with people hunting for things to do I'm sure a lot would have appreciated the package being extended today if it could have been! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes, I noticed the prices on non alcohol stuff look like the biggest uplifts.  I'm glad it's good for some.

Watching the performance in Brodies this afternoon as the football was on television and it was a cold wet day with people hunting for things to do I'm sure a lot would have appreciated the package being extended today if it could have been! 

It’s the chance you take isn’t unlucky for some. Dare I say I hope you’re having a better experience onboard today and please keep us up to date with your experience on your thread 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Looks like most of the drinks (alcoholic and soft drinks) have risen in line with headline inflation, 5-10pc.

Notably, the wine prices haven't sorted themselves out yet; still several examples of where it is cheaper to buy three large glasses, each of 250ml, then one bottle of 750ml.

From a personal point of view, I think that the "refresh" package is no longer worth the money, given the apparent losses of hot chocolates and fruit juices, which were available in the children's package (also for adults!).  I also think that most tee-totallers would struggle to make good use of the package at these prices.

From what I see I’d say prices rises are only 2-3% ?

soft drinks up 5p, cocktails up 20p, so been quite fair I think, and not as high as 5-10% ?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Price rises and still no per cabin deal. When will P&O provide such a deal for those who only drink low amounts of alcohol. 

I’m not aware of any cruise line doing this.  You obviously have the option to pay as you go anyway, which is relatively reasonable on P&O anyway.  Or if you are saying low amounts of alcohol, buy a soft drinks package and then add the odd alcoholic drink?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, rattla said:

I’m not aware of any cruise line doing this.  You obviously have the option to pay as you go anyway, which is relatively reasonable on P&O anyway.  Or if you are saying low amounts of alcohol, buy a soft drinks package and then add the odd alcoholic drink?

If no other cruise line does it (I haven’t checked) then perhaps P& could be the first in something for a change. Perhaps more would by a package if there was a cabin based option, until then we will stick with PAYG.

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

If no other cruise line does it (I haven’t checked) then perhaps P& could be the first in something for a change. Perhaps more would by a package if there was a cabin based option, until then we will stick with PAYG.

I guess you’re talking about a fixed amount of alcoholic a day alongside unlimited non alcoholic, or something like that?

I guess everyone would want something slightly different so wouldn’t be possible to come up with a set amount. 
and tbh at that stage you may as well pay as you go.?

18 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

With over £1000 OBC on our next cruise in September , I was going to buy the drinks package with their money. Looking at the drinks menus, I will PAYG. I don't like the pay a fiver more pd if you use OBC. Also I don't  like small glasses of wine, the large glasses are better value. Some Cocktails I like are excluded so it's a no from me.

On our next Britannia cruise we have £700. That will just about cover our soft/alcoholic drinks and a few speciality meals. We won't bother with a package.

Someone has created a PDF (attached) which we have extracted from a social media site. I can't vouch for its accuracy and apparently some errors have already been noted as follows:

Frappes are Deluxe Package only

Cosmopolitan/Negroni are included in both the Classic and Deluxe Packages.

Raspberry Brulee Cocktail in in the Deluxe Package only.

Fuller's London Pride Classic is included in both the Classic and Deluxe Packages.

2023 P&O Drink Package Summary.pdf

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Someone has created a PDF (attached) which we have extracted from a social media site. I can't vouch for its accuracy and apparently some errors have already been noted as follows:

Frappes are Deluxe Package only

Cosmopolitan/Negroni are included in both the Classic and Deluxe Packages.

Raspberry Brulee Cocktail in in the Deluxe Package only.

Fuller's London Pride Classic is included in both the Classic and Deluxe Packages.

2023 P&O Drink Package Summary.pdf 100.2 kB · 0 downloads

Now that’s very useful. No Peller Ice Cuvée on any package. That’s a red line for me 🤣 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Now that’s very useful. No Peller Ice Cuvée on any package. That’s a red line for me 🤣 

This isn’t a complete list and I think the person has only posted at a point in time based on the menus that have been posted online.

no one has posted the Glasshouse menu yet, and seems nothing in this list from there. So still to see in Peller Ice I think.

Edited by rattla
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Kip family of 4 said:

Not sure but I do remember a small New Zealand Sav Blanc being £6.95 last year 

The New Zealand Wakapapa was £6.95 a couple weeks ago. Prosecco is up 20p as are all the classic cocktails. Looking at the menus posted so far it looks like the wines are all up 20p on a 175ml glass. 

This actually looks like it makes the previously named ultimate drinks package, now called classic drinks package better value. They have also now included more mixers and premium soft drinks in that package although some of the costa drinks are now excluded that were previously included,

Notwithstanding that it is still a price rise for everyone. They are slowly moving in the same direction as the other cruise lines of having higher prices on the drinks to make the packages look better value IMHO

1 minute ago, Mad4WDW said:

The New Zealand Wakapapa was £6.95 a couple weeks ago. Prosecco is up 20p as are all the classic cocktails. Looking at the menus posted so far it looks like the wines are all up 20p on a 175ml glass. 

This actually looks like it makes the previously named ultimate drinks package, now called classic drinks package better value. They have also now included more mixers and premium soft drinks in that package although some of the costa drinks are now excluded that were previously included,

Notwithstanding that it is still a price rise for everyone. They are slowly moving in the same direction as the other cruise lines of having higher prices on the drinks to make the packages look better value IMHO

Like most other products, the price of alcoholic drinks, especially in pubs / restaurants, has risen over the last few months. Wine is likely to cost even more soon as the duty on most wine is going to rise, especially those with a higher alcohol content (ABV). 

4 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Like most other products, the price of alcoholic drinks, especially in pubs / restaurants, has risen over the last few months. Wine is likely to cost even more soon as the duty on most wine is going to rise, especially those with a higher alcohol content (ABV). 

Unfortunately yes price rises are inevitable. The ship is mostly duty free isn't it? So UK tariff rises won't make a difference. They must make a killing on alcohol sales even at the fairly reasonable prices P & O currently charge compared to other lines.