Wine Makers Dinner on Sky

Rick&Jeannie

Various people have posted that the price of the WMD had gone way up...over $100 worth. Well, we're on the Sky right now and we are on the wait list for the dinner to "make" (minimum number needed) and they say it is still the $40 that it has been for some time.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Various people have posted that the price of the WMD had gone way up...over $100 worth. Well, we're on the Sky right now and we are on the wait list for the dinner to "make" (minimum number needed) and they say it is still the $40 that it has been for some time.

I was about to say that was some hike of a price from $40 to $100. For me personally the wine makers dinner I actually prefer over the chef's table. It is so delightful and wonderful.

18 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

That’s great.  Is this the Silverado WMD?

Not sure when Caymus  WMD starts.

43 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

That’s great.  Is this the Silverado WMD?

Not sure when Caymus  WMD starts.

No clue about the name. I just approached the hostess in one of the MDRs and asked about the WMD. Specifically asked about the price! She double checked with 2 other staff members standing right there and they all agreed that the price had not changed...but nobody volunteered anything in regards to the "name". I had never heard it referred to as anything other than the "Wine Makers Dinner" until all of this talk about a drastic increase in price  here on CC.

32 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

No clue about the name. I just approached the hostess in one of the MDRs and asked about the WMD. Specifically asked about the price! She double checked with 2 other staff members standing right there and they all agreed that the price had not changed...but nobody volunteered anything in regards to the "name". I had never heard it referred to as anything other than the "Wine Makers Dinner" until all of this talk about a drastic increase in price  here on CC.

The difference is that the Silverado one is held in "the wine cellar" and costs less. The Causes one is held in Crown Grill and was priced at $140 I believe.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Thank you!  It was advertised by Princess on April 3rd and that’s why there was so much buzz.  I hope they keep the regular WMD on the Royal Class ships at $40.  We’ll see.  We really enjoyed it on the Enchanted at the end of March.  
Have fun!

34 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Could be Mondavi theme as well.  You will know when you see the menu.

There was an actual press release about the new WMD collaboration with Caymus, but I think it was late May.  $140 is the new price.  It is OTT IMO and not worth it, but the $40 past/present one is crazy in the other direction and well under-priced.

2 minutes ago, jwattle said:

The difference is that the Silverado one is held in "the wine cellar" and costs less. The Causes one is held in Crown Grill and was priced at $140 I believe.

I don't see the location on board making a difference.  I was thinking the CG was listed so that they can host a WMD on all ships.  IDK why they wouldn't continue to use the "wine cellar" location on Deck 5 mid-ship DR for Royal Class (probably something similar on Sphere but I suppose need to wait and see).