Medallion Net Question

phatmanandy86

I have Platinum Status for Princess but I have never really used any of the perks yet. I'm curious as one of the perks is 50% internet. multi device- 4 devices. Are those specific to devices that are on my booking # or those tied to my room? 
I guess I'm just curious if I could share that with our friends in a neighboring room. 

Thanks!

Yes, you may share your devices with friends not in your cabin.  The only drawback is a "fifth" device will kick one of the 4 other devices off...randomly.  I shared my plan with my sister.  I could not tell by what was displayed on the screen, which devices were connected since they are not named.  We had 2 iPhones, 2 computers, and 1 iPad.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, you may share your devices with friends not in your cabin.  The only drawback is a "fifth" device will kick one of the 4 other devices off...randomly.  I shared my plan with my sister.  I could not tell by what was displayed on the screen, which devices were connected since they are not named.  We had 2 iPhones, 2 computers, and 1 iPad.  

Awesome! Thank you so much. This is great info

1 hour ago, phatmanandy86 said:

I have Platinum Status for Princess but I have never really used any of the perks yet. I'm curious as one of the perks is 50% internet. multi device- 4 devices. Are those specific to devices that are on my booking # or those tied to my room? 
I guess I'm just curious if I could share that with our friends in a neighboring room. 

Thanks!

Anyone who has the login credentials can connect and use your MedallionNet package.  We had the 4-device package last Fall and shared between two couples.  You could tell what device was what from the descriptive tag (at least we could), so that if I was connecting my PC, I could easily know which of the four active devices to knock off in order to connect my PC (namely my cell phone and not someone else's). Similarly, switching back to the phone was no problem.  Our protocol was that each of the four of us should always have an available connection.  I could of course knock out my wife's phone at night if she had gone to bed before me.  (But then I would get in trouble if I went to bed and didn't take out my PC and restore her phone connection - LOL).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Anyone who has the login credentials can connect and use your MedallionNet package.  We had the 4-device package last Fall and shared between two couples.  You could tell what device was what from the descriptive tag (at least we could), so that if I was connecting my PC, I could easily know which of the four active devices to knock off in order to connect my PC (namely my cell phone and not someone else's). Similarly, switching back to the phone was no problem.  Our protocol was that each of the four of us should always have an available connection.  I could of course knock out my wife's phone at night if she had gone to bed before me.  (But then I would get in trouble if I went to bed and didn't take out my PC and restore her phone connection - LOL).

Happy wife, Happy life!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Can this also be done on a Mac (sorry)......I wish I took a screenshot on my (i)Phone.  I was lucky, I guessed right and didn't knock anyone off.  

Is there a way to actually place names on the descriptive tags?  I only saw "generic".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Can this also be done on a Mac (sorry)......I wish I took a screenshot on my (i)Phone.  I was lucky, I guessed right and didn't knock anyone off.  

Is there a way to actually place names on the descriptive tags?  I only saw "generic".

Sorry, I only eat apples.  IIRC, it picks up a device name from the hardware device itself.  I believe a Windows PC has a name in the boot-up settings.  You can also name your cell phone.  Anyway, there was suitable identifiable info that I could tell who was who when Medallion Net presented the active connections.

• Thanks 1