Allure Embarkation Deck

5 minutes ago, texastennis said:

My husband and I will be on the Allure for the May 28th sailing.  Can anyone tell us on what deck we will embark?

Thanks so much!

You walk straight into the center of the promenade. Deck 5

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, loman said:

It is quite the entrance , enjoy your cruise.🙂

Thanks so much for the video.  It looks like it was taken around Christmas and there were lots of dead plants and trees.  Our cruise isn’t until August so I’m sure they’ll be replaced by then!  Can’t wait!

We were on last week and Central Park was really depressing with mostly "empty" plant beds and some dead plants still. They've replaced some of the greenery, but still mostly missing. HOPEFULLY, they'll be able to get it back in shape soon.

You didn't ask, but you'll also disembark from deck 5 when you return 🙂 

7 hours ago, sargemrs said:

Thanks so much for the video.  It looks like it was taken around Christmas and there were lots of dead plants and trees.  Our cruise isn’t until August so I’m sure they’ll be replaced by then!  Can’t wait!

Your welcome , but i wasnt the poster that posted the cruise , that was

@taglovestocruise. They did the good deed.

There are multiple youtube videos you can watch regarding the Allure.

I was on it September 2022 and it was in good shape .Dont know what happened to the plants after that.

Oasis is our favorite class , Enjoy the cruise !

1 hour ago, loman said:

Your welcome , but i wasnt the poster that posted the cruise , that was

@taglovestocruise. They did the good deed.

There are multiple youtube videos you can watch regarding the Allure.

I was on it September 2022 and it was in good shape .Dont know what happened to the plants after that.

Oasis is our favorite class , Enjoy the cruise !

Thanks!

2 hours ago, llachance said:

Central Park trees were not meant to survive ice/winter storms.  We had a slew of bad weather when they docked earlier this year.

I'm sure!  It'll be beautiful when we get on in August!!  Can't wait!!

On 5/16/2023 at 2:04 PM, sargemrs said:

I'm sure!  It'll be beautiful when we get on in August!!  Can't wait!!

I think the big trees won't be replaced until the Allure leaves Galveston for Florida. Those trees need to be lifted over the top of the ship using a big crane - probably with a 250 foot boom (maybe higher). To try to do something like that during a standard turnaround day is virtually impossible, not to mention very risky from a safety perspective. It takes too long per tree and the safety hazards of 6000 passengers getting off, another 6000 getting on, and all of the staff trying to get things done that day are very high. In addition the cost of the crane would be much less if you only have to rig and derig it once. I'm sure someone has it worked out by now. They just haven't let us know.

3 hours ago, Fontaid said:

I think the big trees won't be replaced until the Allure leaves Galveston for Florida. Those trees need to be lifted over the top of the ship using a big crane - probably with a 250 foot boom (maybe higher). To try to do something like that during a standard turnaround day is virtually impossible, not to mention very risky from a safety perspective. It takes too long per tree and the safety hazards of 6000 passengers getting off, another 6000 getting on, and all of the staff trying to get things done that day are very high. In addition the cost of the crane would be much less if you only have to rig and derig it once. I'm sure someone has it worked out by now. They just haven't let us know.

I'm sure you're correct!  

On 5/18/2023 at 7:45 PM, Fontaid said:

While a number of people have reported that the trees probably won't be replaced until it moves to Florida, I think it's primarily due more to time than equipment. When asked what this is (the thing that looks kind of like a SAM system), we were told it was a crane, and lifting the trees in & out was specifically mentioned.

image.thumb.png.51454f6fc6487686cddde246bea524c3.png

But I agree. Even if those are the cranes that they will use, it would impossible to do it during turnaround day for safety reasons.

On 5/21/2023 at 7:43 PM, jagsfan said:

When is Allure returning to Florida?

Looking at sailings available to book, the first cruise from FL is from Miami around the 3rd week of October 2023  After that she will be in PC until summer 2024 when she moves to Ft Lauderdale.