Review, Lululemon’s City Sleek Utilitech Pants

LindaD22

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review."

LindaD22 was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

I thought I’d share my opinions on Lululemon’s City Sleek Utilitech pants. We have been cruising Italy & the Mediterranean since May 8. Many of those days had very rainy days, sometimes pouring rain. These pants did outstanding. They are very comfortable, plenty of pockets, resist water & wrinkles, and dry quickly. They did at times get soaked at the cuffs (again, LOTS of rain!!) but once inside or during drier bits of the day, they air dried very well. I plan to purchase another pair in either black or navy. 

On a side note, my Lands End waterproof rain jacket (shown below) was a workhorse! It kept me dry no matter what, the hood was so appreciated, pockets were great and snapped shut. Great jacket!

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/women-pants/City-Sleek-5P-WL-HR-Pant-L-Utilitech/_/prod11140028

10DF9352-1FB4-4D13-A52C-2FD98ACDB039.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

$128 for pants!  They should be excellent quality for that price.  

of course you’re right! I always like to wait for a sale, or at least use my Delta airlines shopping portal for points. But I’ve tried spending less and expecting the same performance, only to be disappointed and out that money also. To me, investing in quality clothing that will offer years of wear and perform just as I expect is worth it. But I understand that for others, price point is the determining factor. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LindaD22 said:

of course you’re right! I always like to wait for a sale, or at least use my Delta airlines shopping portal for points. But I’ve tried spending less and expecting the same performance, only to be disappointed and out that money also. To me, investing in quality clothing that will offer years of wear and perform just as I expect is worth it. But I understand that for others, price point is the determining factor. 

I believe in buying quality, but I buy most of my things used.  At this moment I'm wearing a pair of wonderful jeans that I bought on ebay for about $14 -- they look great and fit perfectly.  I stick to two name brands (Lauren Conrad and Lee because they fit my shape) and am fussy about getting "low rise" because they fit my small stature.  Quality and price don't necessarily go hand-in-hand.  

Similarly, I only wear Nike or Vans tennis shoes, and my price point is $10 for Nikes and $15 for Vans.  I can't find them every day for that price, but I have a pretty good collection.

Edited by Mum2Mercury

2 hours ago, jsn55 said:

These pants look great.  Wish they came with a normal waistband and skinnier legs.  

The cargo pants do have a slimmer leg, I was looking at those too. ❤️

I’ve found the Kirkland brand (Costco) of travel pants are my go to. $15, fit is perfect. Wash in sink, hang up, dry in an hour, no wrinkles. Fabulous pants 

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, awhfy said:

I’ve found the Kirkland brand (Costco) of travel pants are my go to. $15, fit is perfect. Wash in sink, hang up, dry in an hour, no wrinkles. Fabulous pants 

Too bad the inseam is 27". ... I need 34" inseam.  They look just perfect, especially all the pockets.  

13 hours ago, jsn55 said:

Too bad the inseam is 27". ... I need 34" inseam.  They look just perfect, especially all the pockets.  

They might have talls on line