Verifly (leaving in about 63 hours)...

Hello all.  I am a sailing HAL (for the 2nd time). 

Sailing to Alaska (out of Seattle).  I am on the Eurodam.  I used the Verifly APP last year when I was on the Zuiderdam out of S.D. Calif.  Now, mind you.. the ship was sailing at about 55% capacity.  From what I remember, the check-in rep just shrugged their shoulders when I made mention that I had the Verifly APP and said "oh, that's not required". 

So, can someone (that was on a recent embarkation) tell me if the Verifly APP provides any sort of a smoother / quicker boarding? 

At this point, I can see my boarding pass on the Navigator APP. 

At this point, I have my birth certificate.

At this point, I have my drivers license.

And, since this is a closed-loop cruise, no passport or visa is required AT ALL.

Correct me if I'm wrong... are these basic "things" really all that I need?  Sorry, if my question is wordy!

-----Matthew

36 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

You would need that same documentation even if you had VeriFLY. We sailed out of Vancouver on May first and did not see a VeriFLY line.

VeriFLY is obsolete now since there are currently no cruises with vaccination or test requirements.  The whole purpose of VeriFLY was to upload your vaccination card or test.  When there were requirements it sped up the boarding process since you didn’t need to show the port agent your test or vaccination card.

Edited by habitatnal
  • Like 1

I did a sailing out of Vancouver 3 weeks ago with my VeriFLY ready to go...  They never looked at the app and there was no line.

Very different than a year ago where VeriFLY saved me an hour in the embarkation lines.

9 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

I completed Verifly last week, and it was worthless at embarkation.  Currently on the Eurodam ( having the most beautiful weather, ever.)

Suzanne, kindly save a bit of that weather for me!

Everyone, thanks for the responses.

15 hours ago, xlxo said:

I did a sailing out of Vancouver 3 weeks ago with my VeriFLY ready to go...  They never looked at the app and there was no line.

Very different than a year ago where VeriFLY saved me an hour in the embarkation lines.

I opened up the VeriFLY app for my June cruise and the only thing I could do was upload a picture.  What did you have to do for your pass to become active in VeriFLY?

6 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

I had to add my flight information and answer a couple Covid questions, but don’t waste your time.  There is no Verifly line at checkin.

@MisterMatthewWe were on Eurodam rt Seattle AK April 29 - May 6 - no need for VeriFLY even though HAL sent us reminders to complete it.

What you have listed is what you need, along w/completing the health assessment on the Navigator app.

Peugeot Sound was stunning, Sitka Sound was gorgeous, Glacier Bay was rainy but still beautiful. 

Enjoy your trip!

20230503_065910.jpg

20230502_101925.jpg

20230429_153453.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Uploads