Bergen: shuttles/buses from Jektevik pier to central Bergen?

We have a port call to Bergen in mid-July aboard the HAL Rotterdam.  From the port's web site, it looks like we'll be docking out at Jektevik and not at one of the more centrally located docks.  It's my understanding that this is an industrial port, and that there will be a shuttle for cruise ship guests to the port entrance, but I'm trying to find out whether there's any shuttle or bus from the port to the central/tourist area of Bergen.   (A search in this forum turned up very dated, pre-pandemic info.)

I know it's early in this cruising season, but if anyone has any information, I'd appreciate it.   And any information from the 2022 cruising season would be helpful as well.   

I know the distance is walkable, but if it's a really rainy day (hello, Bergen!), we'd like to have other options.  If there's no shuttle, would it be hard to get a taxi from Jektevik?

(I've also posted this in the HAL forum in case someone there has info about a cruise-line provided shuttle.)

Thanks for any info! 

I've been to Bergen several times and returning in a few weeks but have always been at the terminal near Bryggen. I've seen same information as you that at Jekt' pier there is a shuttle out of the industrial area to the entrance of the port and it appears there are bus stops here. I've usually found taxi to be plentiful in Bergen.

image.thumb.png.28b21ebdad3b375b2a627b18cdf4a060.png

star is approx place the port shuttle lets you out I believe. Fish market (left) funicular (up) and Bryggen are manked (approx) Star to fish market is 1/2 mile straight line

FOUND IT

this is a map given out on our first cruise visit to Bergen by the tourist bureau and in the lower left corner you see the blue dot line which is the "shuttlebus from/to cruise" which connects to the red dot line which is the recommended walking route  to the tourist areas

image.thumb.png.4e15f6131347a57239c29d934c0d205d.png

1 hour ago, Capt_BJ said:

FOUND IT

this is a map given out on our first cruise visit to Bergen by the tourist bureau and in the lower left corner you see the blue dot line which is the "shuttlebus from/to cruise" which connects to the red dot line which is the recommended walking route  to the tourist areas

Much appreciated!  That map will definitely come in handy.  🙂 

Unfortunately, according to folks over in the HAL forum who have recently docked at Jektevik (as well as in 2022), there are no longer any shuttles within the port area nor to the tourist area (except for guests with mobility issues).

12 minutes ago, ski ww said:

You might post this on the Roll Call forum, there are ships doing that itinerary right now. They would have the latest info.

Thanks. Posting in the HAL forum got me the current info. 

• 4 weeks later...