Sales on Celebrity

Teechur

Right now, Celebrity is offering the "Spring into Summer" sale. It ends today, and we are not ready to book yet for an April 2024 cruise since the deposit is no longer refundable. My questions are: Does Celebrity offer regular sales like this? Is this an exceptional sale or normal? Are there certain times of the year when prices are discounted? Black Friday? Christmas? New Year?

I'm new to Celebrity, having sailed with Princess, RCCL, NCL, and Carnival in the past.

Thanks for your advice!

2 minutes ago, Teechur said:

Right now, Celebrity is offering the "Spring into Summer" sale. It ends today, and we are not ready to book yet for an April 2024 cruise since the deposit is no longer refundable. My questions are: Does Celebrity offer regular sales like this? Is this an exceptional sale or normal? Are there certain times of the year when prices are discounted? Black Friday? Christmas? New Year?

I'm new to Celebrity, having sailed with Princess, RCCL, NCL, and Carnival in the past.

Thanks for your advice!

Regular sales with various different titles. The total price often remains the same but the presentation varies. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Teechur said:

Thanks for your advice!

No one would be surprised if this spring to summer sale was extended into the winter...

If you truly want an exceptional sale, booking a lower occupancy sailing a few weeks before sail date results in an "fire sale" as they're discounting to fill the ship...However, it is specific the room type meaning there could be a big sale on oceanviews but not balcony as it's based on room type occupancy

Textbook example, the next three Millie Alaska 7 night sailings are $299/pp for an inside and $399/pp OV...One of those sailings has a balcony for $799/pp, other two are over a grand

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Teechur said:

Thanks for your advice!

Nothing special about this "sale".  Don't be surprised if it gets extended by popular demand or something like that.  Or it will be repackaged as another sale with a different theme name.  Usually at worst, they may drop the extra $50 OBC bonus just so they can bring it back again later.

In the end, whatever Celebrity does, it gives them the self-created excuse to reset the FOMO countdown clock that is prominently displayed on their website.

23 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Nothing special about this "sale".  Don't be surprised if it gets extended by popular demand or something like that.  Or it will be repackaged as another sale with a different theme name.  Usually at worst, they may drop the extra $50 OBC bonus just so they can bring it back again later.

In the end, whatever Celebrity does, it gives them the self-created excuse to reset the FOMO countdown clock that is prominently displayed on their website.

I also notice things such as when they stop the $400 OBC bonus on one sale that the regular price drops by about $400 on the next sale and vice versa! There is always a sale. There are some differences, but they seem to be minor. As someone stated above, they pretty much seem to stay about the same.

However, I'm thinking they must have some sort of algorithm tied to the price structure on the website. If the ship is not booked up very much, as in the case someone mentioned in a "fire sale" earlier, the price drops. As the ship gets close to booking full capacity early, then the price jumps dramatically. 

Edited by 2chiefs
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

No one would be surprised if this spring to summer sale was extended into the winter...

If you truly want an exceptional sale, booking a lower occupancy sailing a few weeks before sail date results in an "fire sale" as they're discounting to fill the ship...However, it is specific the room type meaning there could be a big sale on oceanviews but not balcony as it's based on room type occupancy

Textbook example, the next three Millie Alaska 7 night sailings are $299/pp for an inside and $399/pp OV...One of those sailings has a balcony for $799/pp, other two are over a grand

Alaska is turning out to be a bust for this summer. Months ago, I tried to book a RCCL cruise for myself and my twin grandsons. The price was over $10,000 for 3 in a standard balcony cabin. Now the same ship/cabin is under $2,000, but we've made other plans.

If it wasn't for the nonrefundable deposits, I would book 4 cabins right now, going to Israel and Egypt. We fully intend to go, but unforeseen events can happen between now and then.

If the nonrefundable deposit was $100 pp I would "risk" it, but not at $450 pp.

Edited by Teechur
Added a line.

10 minutes ago, Teechur said:

Alaska is turning out to be a bust for this summer. Months ago, I tried to book a RCCL cruise for myself and my twin grandsons. The price was over $10,000 for 3 in a standard balcony cabin. Now the same ship/cabin is under $2,000, but we've made other plans.

If it wasn't for the nonrefundable deposits, I would book 4 cabins right now, going to Israel and Egypt. We fully intend to go, but unforeseen events can happen between now and then.

I think air travel may have something to do with the Alaska debacle this year.

27 minutes ago, horseymike said:

I think air travel may have something to do with the Alaska debacle this year.

Air fares are a problem for going most anywhere.  For us, in particular, it is  long flights 10- 17 hours.   We can’t do economy seats are for flights over 7 hrs. Business class is $8,400 per person 1 way and Premium Economy $2,700 pp 1 way to Australia.  
Have flight to Rome and another Singapore home and the flights are costing as much or more than the cruise.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Air fares are a problem for going most anywhere.  For us, in particular, it is  long flights 10- 17 hours.   We can’t do economy seats are for flights over 7 hrs. Business class is $8,400 per person 1 way and Premium Economy $2,700 pp 1 way to Australia.  
Have flight to Rome and another Singapore home and the flights are costing as much or more than the cruise.

I get it. You are spot on.