Quebec to Boston Transport Post-Cruise Any Ideas?

egurbi

Considering a Boston to Quebec City cruise in the Fall.  The only problem is that I need to get back to Boston the same day the cruise ends in Quebec.  There appears to be no commercial air service between Quebec City and Boston at the present time. One way rental cars also do not look to be an option as none of the majors seem to allow it.  So options appear to be to take 3 plus hour train or bus to Montreal and head to the airport. But I'm open to other ideas!  Any ideas?

6 minutes ago, egurbi said:

Considering a Boston to Quebec City cruise in the Fall.  The only problem is that I need to get back to Boston the same day the cruise ends in Quebec.  There appears to be no commercial air service between Quebec City and Boston at the present time. One way rental cars also do not look to be an option as none of the majors seem to allow it.  So options appear to be to take 3 plus hour train or bus to Montreal and head to the airport. But I'm open to other ideas!  Any ideas?

Train or bus to Montreal is probably your best bet - you could get connecting flights from Quebec to Boston, but that would most likely cost much more and probably take you more time.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Train or bus to Montreal is probably your best bet - you could get connecting flights from Quebec to Boston, but that would most likely cost much more and probably take you more time.

There are actually some really good connecting options-- Air Canada through Montreal and Porter through Toronto Billy Bishop. The Air Canada one only is about 3.5 hours total travel time QC to Boston with several options per day starting around $220 per person. Porter is a little more expensive overall and can take up to 5 hours total travel time. 

$220 on Air Canada at 3.5 hours has to beat the train in both time and overall cost. 

24 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

Porter is a great option.  The airport you change at is tiny and the planes are very comfortable

I agree 100%-- the only issue is that its about 2 hours longer overall than the Air Canada option through Montreal. 

1 minute ago, princeton123211 said:

I agree 100%-- the only issue is that its about 2 hours longer overall than the Air Canada option through Montreal. 

No doubt, but such a cute airport, and you can walk to Toronto for a short visit without worrying about distances and time

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 10:55 PM, egurbi said:

Budget will allow, 1 way cross border. Just did it last week. Montreal to Boston

Was $350 cad for a car.

I suspect it would be similar from quebec