Minors losing their Diamond status…

56 minutes ago, Bobal said:

I asked this question of the OP but got no answer, since my son - who is Diamond - will be taking a cruise later this year with his wife who hasn't sailed before and it would help their pockets if she gets the 4 free drinks a day

Why wait until on bard.  Call C&A and they can create an account for her and match her prior to sailing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

So the LA matched her to his status and she got the relevant onboard benefits despite it being her first sailing?

I asked this question of the OP but got no answer, since my son - who is Diamond - will be taking a cruise later this year with his wife who hasn't sailed before and it would help their pockets if she gets the 4 free drinks a day

Yes that is correct.  We did get her a C&A # before the sailing.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Why wait until on bard.  Call C&A and they can create an account for her and match her prior to sailing

He intends to do that but others have said on these boards that they've been refused status match until after one sailing

On 5/20/2023 at 12:47 AM, Bobal said:

OP, specifically relating to this, once her status became Diamond onboard was she entitled to the 4 free drinks a day?

My son - who achieved D status by sailing with us - has just booked his first cruise with his wife who he recently married and will be applying to have her status matched

And to the naysayers his D status was a key factor in choosing RC, not least for his 4 free drinks a day and balcony discount. Let's welcome the new generation of cruisers instead of begrudging them 🙂

Yes, she was loaded up with the 4 free drinks.  They were also able to get 2 free photos - one for each of them. They had a blast and gave my daughter (25) all the tips for her cruise in August (she's diamond becuase of Mom and Dad) and she is bringing her never cruised before husband with her.  They are so excited. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2023 at 2:17 PM, AspiringCindy said:

Problem solved! My daughter is no longer a diamond member. They said that she was given diamond status in error to match mine...but it was later determined that some of the points were after her 18t birthday. Oh well! 1 point short!! 

That didn't happen with my son and his wife.  In fact, my son is a Diamond but his points are at level Emerald. My Daughter in Law was given Diamond status after boarding her first cruise and going to the Loyalty Ambassador with my son to inquire. They gave her a new card with Diamond printed on it.  She was able to go into the Diamond Lounge with her card, order her 4 drinks and pick up her photo.

On 5/20/2023 at 3:08 PM, graciekelli said:

I'm sorry if I made this confusing.  I just used the title from the prior post that closed because I commented on some questions about Diamond status as kids, but now an adult married to a never cruised before spouse and I just wanted to let you all know what happened on their cruise.  Not trying to be decieving or "clickbait" geez....

You did NOTHING wrong. There's just a lot of pompous asses on this board nowadays which is why the big migration to the "other" place...🙄

On 5/21/2023 at 5:32 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

This is interesting.  My son and daughter and a friend are in a connecting cabin for a Celebrity cruise we have booked for December.  My son, 16yo, is Diamond which transferred to Elite on Celebrity.  So my 19yo daughter and 19 yo friend will also be Elite for that cruise? (they are not Diamond on Royal)

On 5/21/2023 at 5:34 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes 

On 5/21/2023 at 5:34 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Celebrity extends benefits to cabin mates for the current cruise.   RCCL does not. 

M

Just circling back to discuss what I found out.  The only problem with my plan is that our son is only 16, and for Celebrity you need to be 18 before you can get a Captain's Club number, so my son's Diamond status could not carry over to Celebrity, at least not until he's 18.

Dan

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Fun Researcher said:

Just circling back to discuss what I found out.  The only problem with my plan is that our son is only 16, and for Celebrity you need to be 18 before you can get a Captain's Club number, so my son's Diamond status could not carry over to Celebrity, at least not until he's 18.

Dan

Bummer. 

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bummer. 

Yeah, would have been nice but not a deal breaker by any means. 

It will be fun to see what our kids and my in-laws think of Celebrity.  My wife and I only sailed once on X once with friends and loved it, and now that our kids are older they don't really do as much of the kids stuff, so this 5 night cruise on the Equinox will be a nice "toe in the water" for them with X.  I'm almost certain my in-laws will love the laid back quiet vibe, with the food and décor being a slight bump up from Royal.