Premium Coffee, Is there a package?

bluecruisin

We have the classic beverage package but thought I noticed no mention of premium coffee. Can you add an unlimited  coffee package  to that?? Or better exchange the alcohol package for a coffee package? Thanks to anyone who can help me!

You can add this....

Unlimited Starbucks® Package

$12.95 USDper person per day

Beverage Package

ITEM #: STBXP

Whether you need to kick-start your morning or you’re looking for a post-dinner nightcap, you’ve got the perfect brew.

Includes everything from classic coffees and teas to the delicious Frappuccino® favorites and other specialty beverages you love.

Prepaid @ $12.95 USD per person per day x Cruise Days plus 20% gratuity and beverage service charge.

Must be at least 18 years of age at time of sailing to purchase. See Terms & Conditions for full details.

A 20% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added at checkout.

Starbucks package can be pre-purchased for single guests only, as my wife is the big coffee drinker in our family and on our Panama Canal cruise earlier this year 'twas only her that had the package.

I would be 'sent' down in the mornings with her cabin card (and my own in case it was required for security checking) to fetch a large skinny decaf Latte to get her in the mood for the day ahead.

Happy wife - happy life !!!  (as they say)

• 4 weeks later...

It would be great if we could swap the supposed-free booze for the coffee package.  Who drinks $110 of booze a day?  Is there really anybody paying that much who didn't get it "free" with a package? The 20% gratuity fee alone costs more than I've ever spent on booze in a month, let alone a week. The coffee is listed as $12.95.  If the booze truly costs $110, you think they would have no problem exchanging the two.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MacGuffin3 said:

It would be great if we could swap the supposed-free booze for the coffee package.  Who drinks $110 of booze a day?  Is there really anybody paying that much who didn't get it "free" with a package? The 20% gratuity fee alone costs more than I've ever spent on booze in a month, let alone a week. The coffee is listed as $12.95.  If the booze truly costs $110, you think they would have no problem exchanging the two.

Very true, I'd at least like to be given the choice of the cooffee package instead of the alcohol package.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, laura85 said:

Does it cover the Starbucks coffee served in restaurants? I’ve seen menus that list Starbucks coffee and espresso at the bottom. Or does it only cover drinks at the Starbucks locations? 

I was on the Prima last November, the 2 MDR have Starbucks coffee for sale, but its not the same coffee as the Starbucks store on level 7 atrium. 

Edited by destar

49 minutes ago, destar said:

I was on the Prima last November, the 2 MDR have Starbucks coffee for sale, but its not the same coffee as the Starbucks store on level 7 atrium. 

Anyone can say “We proudly Serve Starbucks Coffee” by using regular old coffee grounds sold by Starbucks. The Shell gas station down the street from me “Proudly Serves Starbucks” in their decanters. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Anyone can say “We proudly Serve Starbucks Coffee” by using regular old coffee grounds sold by Starbucks.

actually, no.

anybody who hangs a sign that says "we proudly serve starbucks coffee" has to have a purchase agreement with starbucks for said coffee and be under a licensing agreement. more often than not, starbucks itself provides those signs or approves the signs that others create. you can't just go to the supermarket and buy prepackaged starbucks coffee, grind it, brew it and offer it up for sale at your gas station as "starbucks coffee."

the prepackaged consumer goods business for starbucks is actually run by the nestlé group. the "we proudly serve" program is run as a whole separate business by starbucks (through nestlé) as a solution for hotels, the hospitality industry, colleges, the workplace and healthcare. "we proudly serve starbucks®" is in fact a registered service mark.

in 2021, norwegian cruise line began a longterm relationship with starbucks that allows the coffee to be sold on its ships, both at dedicated retail locations and in its dining rooms. and if you sell starbucks on your cruise ship or at your gas station or lemonade stand, and are authorized by the company to do so, you need to follow strict company guidelines about how to store and brew the coffee.

36 minutes ago, UKstages said:

in 2021, norwegian cruise line began a longterm relationship with starbucks that allows the coffee to be sold on its ships, both at dedicated retail locations and in its dining rooms. and if you sell starbucks on your cruise ship or at your gas station or lemonade stand, and are authorized by the company to do so, you need to follow strict company guidelines about how to store and brew the coffee.

This is true, but the coffee that they sell on MDR not the same as what the sold at the Starbucks store on the ship. The employee will tell you this. Im simple, I like a good cup of coffee, I like Verona dark roast, they definitely dont serve you that on MDR.

Edited by destar

I'd like to have the option of a K cup coffee maker in my suite instead of Nespresso. I love my coffee, but I don't care for or need the fancy schmancy stuff from Starbucks. What's the deal with a coffee shop where you can't just order a large coffee? No, not grande, large, as in, bigger than the other two. And just plain coffee. You know, Juan Valdez, mountain grown in Columbia? I'm just old fashioned, I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omahabob said:

I'd like to have the option of a K cup coffee maker in my suite instead of Nespresso.

I never use any of those machines in hotel rooms, or cruise. There is way too many people using those rooms on constant basis, just imagining what some people puts in them, ohhh no won't go there.

1 hour ago, destar said:

This is true, but the coffee that they sell on MDR not the same as what the sold at the Starbucks store on the ship.

thanks. i understand that completely. that was not the issue i was addressing. i was addressing the poster who said that anybody can say they proudly serve starbucks "by using regular old coffee grounds sold by starbucks." and that's simply not the case.

On 5/19/2023 at 1:47 PM, BirdTravels said:

You’ll need to stand in line for coffee a couple or three times every single day (sea days and port days) to break even. 

Went to Starbucks on Breakaway last March at least twice a day.  Never had to stand in a  line.  Only person ordering each time.  Once even while they had one of those game shows going in the atrium.