Water shoes also comfortable for walking/mild hiking

For excursions this summer like river tubing, bamboo rafting, waterfalls, I'm looking for (family of 4, all in adult shoe sizes) water shoes that are also comfortable without blistering after walking a good bit, maybe on uneven terrain (but not serious hiking). I'm leaning toward JBU/Jambu, because they look like they fit the bill. But I have no idea how comfortable they are after a few hours, like whether the toe area will eventually rub blisters on the tops of toes. Appreciate any suggestions from personal experience with this brand or others, or ones to avoid.

I love Jambus, but I've never had a pair of their water shoes.  

I adore my Lands End water shoes, but they aren't the best for walking distances. 

What I'd consider:  Teva river sandals.  Made for white water rafting, these are comfortable for walking and work great in the water.  They also have good arch support.  

Screenshot 2023-05-21 3.20.40 PM.png

• Like 1

I like Keens.  Last year I reluctantly tossed a pair (I needed the weight in my suitcase), that were super old. I wore those things for more than 10 years on hikes in the Caribbean, around town, and countless miles at Disney. I just bought two new pair today, and barely flinched at the lack of a good sale, because I know I will get my money’s worth.

Definitely try them on first! I had purchased some that I ended up never wearing because I didn’t like how they felt.  I tried some on today, still not great.  But then I tried some men’s Keens, and those fit more how I like.  (Thinking now my 1st pair were men’s, too.)

The Keens I have cover the toes, and many active shore excursions require closed toe shoes … these have always qualified for us.

• Like 1

I like Keens though prefer Merrell.   When walking in stony areas I want a little more substance along the sides and toes to keep pebbles out.  I have a pair of Merells I have had forever that have fine mesh webbing that keeps the feet clean and is suitable for both in and out of water.

• Like 1