Cruise Anticipation

Frenchkona

My family and I are taking a Caribbean vacation in less than 3 weeks. So very excited. We have booked Royal Suite on the Equinox, but have heard nothing from the Shore Concierge regarding our requests. Am I worrying for nothing or should I reach out to them. I have my list and would feel better if this was known before we boarded.

Thanks ahead for any responses and happy cruising to everyone.  

• Like 1

The typical time pre covid was 10 to 14 days. After covid, when ships were not sailing full it was much earier.  Now that they are back to full sailings, especially in suites, it is probably back to 10 days. If you don't hear about 9 days prior you can call the Retreat number.

• Like 3

Two weeks or less is the norm. We’ve been contacted as far out as 8 weeks and up to a week before.   Also, some shoreside concierges are way better than others for sending requests to the ship. We’ve had every request sent, some, and sometimes none at all.  I know you said you prefer to have it done before, but don’t stress because even if shoreside contacts you, you may still have to go over everything with the butler or retreat manager.  

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Octavias said:

What kinds of requests?  I have food allergies so will be sure to include the list but am just wondering what other kinds of things people request ahead of time?

Bar set up, liquor selections, mixers, pillow choices, extra hangers, afternoon snacks, specialty dining reservations. I also asked for a a Nespresso set up and a fan for the bedroom. All was set up as requested when we arrived. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Octavias said:

What kinds of requests?  I have food allergies so will be sure to include the list but am just wondering what other kinds of things people request ahead of time?

From another thread it looks like you are in a Sky Suite and you might not be contacted.  If you are you will not be asked about in room bar set up, that is for upper level suites. Specialty restaurants are at an additional fee.  You should discuss food allergies with the Maitre d and servers in the restaurants.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

From another thread it looks like you are in a Sky Suite and you might not be contacted.  If you are you will not be asked about in room bar set up, that is for upper level suites. Specialty restaurants are at an additional fee.  You should discuss food allergies with the Maitre d and servers in the restaurants.

C

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Chezmarylou is 100% correct, in our experience.  Post covid with full or near full capacity, it appears that shoreside concierges generally only contact Royal and Penthouse suite guests; our requests were forwarded to the ship 100% of the time.  (Shortly after cruising resumed with 400/600 guests, shoreside concierges seemed to reach out to Sky and Celebrity suites, as well at RS & PS)

4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Bar set up, liquor selections, mixers, pillow choices, extra hangers, afternoon snacks, specialty dining reservations. I also asked for a a Nespresso set up and a fan for the bedroom. All was set up as requested when we arrived. 

Georgia_Peaches, were you in a RS or PS with full capacity sailings?  

14 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We were in a RS on Solstice in March. Ship was at capacity. 

That's what I thought:  upper suite.  From prior postings, I understand that Sky & Celebrity suites received modified or in some instances the same Shoreside services that upper suites received right after cruising resumed but at the time, ships were only 25-30% full.  Now those folks sailing in Sky or Celebrity suites are wondering why they are not getting those same services  when ships are sailing near or at full capacity.  They may not realize those services they were receiving are generally reserved for upper suites: 

• Like 2