Wine Packages

HMSDingy

3 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

My fault, too.  I assumed "wine package" meant buying 6 or 8 bottles of wine at the beginning of the cruise as we did the last time we sailed.  Didn't realize when the waiters were delivering the tiny carafes of wine to the next table that it was also a wine package.

Ray

The little carafes of wine are when you purchase by the glass or have the beverage package (HIA or beverage package alone).  If you get the wine package you get the whole bottle at the table.

~Nancy

• Like 1

We (well to be truthfull, I) just get a double pour at the bar were we are having our pre dinner drink and take it in with me.  When I get half way down the glass, I order another double from the server.  (and repeat!)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

My fault, too.  I assumed "wine package" meant buying 6 or 8 bottles of wine at the beginning of the cruise as we did the last time we sailed.  Didn't realize when the waiters were delivering the tiny carafes of wine to the next table that it was also a wine package.

Ray

My wine packages have always been from bottles, never the carafes.

Thanks to all for your responses & advice. I checked the price list on this website; https://rogerjett-photography.com/ and choosing 8 bottles that I would normally order, I find that the cost for the wine package would be beneficial in that I would be saving approximately $100. The cruise we will most probably book is 18 days and I would probably buy 2 packages. DW and I are Italian & we always have wine with our supper.

• Like 2