App specifically for Packing for a Cruise?

Lbsahm

If you are looking for some sort of a packing list a pad and pen would work very well.  Alternatively if you want something that you can update, modify and/or save just create one in Excel.

DON

• Like 1

I created some templates for packing years ago.  I just update one for what kind of trip I'm taking and print it out.  Include everything you can think of ... line out anything that doesn't apply to the trip you're working on.  You'd want at least 3 weather-based lists for cruising ... hot, cold, medium.  I travel in beige and black plus one bright color; everything has to go with everything else.  My list is what makes packing for a trip fun instead of tedious ... I don't have to think beyond 'which color short-sleeve shirt' to pack.

12 hours ago, Lbsahm said:

Has anyone come across an app, that has a focus on Cruising?

i would recommend packing cubes.  Tops go in 1 cube, pants in a separate cube, etc.  Really makes it easy.  I always put an extra cube with clothes in my carry on, just incase my luggage gets lost/delayed.  Sometimes old school is better that having an app.

• Like 1

I did a google out of curiosity.  Found "PackPoint Travel Packing List", "PakrTravel Packing List", "Packing List Checklist", and more.  

I was wondering what a packing app might provide beyond a list.  I took a very quick look at the first one listed above.  It considers where you are going, what you are doing, and the weather in creating a packing list.  I didn't look into it any deeper so have no idea how practical it might be.  

Thinking about this, I take a look at weather predictions for the places we will visit.  Then I pack pretty much the same stuff.  Variations are pretty much if I pack shoes that will serve better in rain and warm vs cold weather clothes.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

i would recommend packing cubes.  Tops go in 1 cube, pants in a separate cube, etc.  Really makes it easy.  I always put an extra cube with clothes in my carry on, just incase my luggage gets lost/delayed.  Sometimes old school is better that having an app.

This is an item of differing opinion in our house.  Mrs Ldubs, a packing cube user, claims they are more efficient and organized.  I don't use them, claiming they require too much thought and it is easier to stuff the things I want in the suitcase without the cubes.   Only a problem if we want to cross pack.