Specialty dining packages

Devo12

Hi. I see specialty dining packages are on sale. Looking at purchasing the 4 pack. We sail in April 24. Can we book time/restaurant closer to our sale date or does it have to be on board? We are concierge class if that makes any difference-email someone ahead of time?? Also, if we have to wait to book restaurants/times on board, are reservations at 7-8  pm hard to come by? Maybe i should book restaurants individually to get the time/date I want. 

thanks. Devo

With the package you can not book reservations until you are on the ship.  7-8 is prime time so it may be difficult to get those times although they do hold some reservation times for on board bookings.  
Even booking pre cruise individually some restaurants will have limited availability at prime times.  I just looked at our April 2024 cruises and 2 of the restaurants do not have 6:30, 7 or 7:30 available.

3 hours ago, Devo12 said:

Hi. I see specialty dining packages are on sale. Looking at purchasing the 4 pack. We sail in April 24. Can we book time/restaurant closer to our sale date or does it have to be on board? We are concierge class if that makes any difference-email someone ahead of time?? Also, if we have to wait to book restaurants/times on board, are reservations at 7-8  pm hard to come by? Maybe i should book restaurants individually to get the time/date I want. 

thanks. Devo

If you have certain times you like to dine at, then book in advance and forget about the 4 pack.  We don't care for dining at 8:30 or 9 pm.

4 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

On the Edge in March, all the specialty restaurants prime times were sold out pre-cruise, and several sold out completely.

But when we got on the ship, all of a sudden some prime times were opened up and sold out restaurants all of a sudden had availability.

They do not pre sell all available reservations. Some are held back for on board bookings.

I just purchased the 4-night package, taking advantage of the current sale.  I saved $100+ dollars!  

Yes, you have to wait until you board the ship to book your reservations.  It's the first thing we do following the Concierge luncheon and have been able to reserve the times and restaurants we desire.   This next cruise, I will try to do it on the app instead of lining up in person.  

Enjoy your cruise!