BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2023

On 6/19/2023 at 5:57 PM, NSWP said:

Bad news re late into Colombo, such is life at sea. Enjoy your time there anyway guys. Gaz and Jo and others, am enjoying your reports, stuck in Batemans Bay, 0 degrees last night.

Onwards my friends.! 

Hope you enjoyed Colombo! Safe Travels to Oman! Take Care & enjoy the ship - agrre about temps - Bring on Summer 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 5:05 PM, Tranquility Base said:

Hi again.

You may want to contact Princess directly to confirm that.

The reason I ask is that I was following the Island Princess World Cruise roll call.

They were in Dubai in March .

They docked at the new port…….Dubai Harbour Cruise Terminal.

This is next to The Palm Jumeirah.

I popped downstairs and asked at Guest Services.

They did indeed say it was the new port at Dubai Harbour.

Hope this helps.

Same info given to me - Dubai Harbour Cruise Terminal B.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shine2 said:

Hope you enjoyed Colombo! Safe Travels to Oman! Take Care & enjoy the ship - agrre about temps - Bring on Summer 

Apparently Oman will be missed due to continuing engine problems - heading straight to Dubai. Hopefully they'll be able to fix engine and other issues in Dubai.

After leaving Colombo, Sri Lanka on Tuesday, she is now on her way on Muscat, Oman...., opps scratch that....., Just check her AIS.....

She is now on her way to Dubai, United Arab Emirates.... That means she has missed her first port of call of the cruise. 😞

Coral Princess is due to arrive in Dubai on the 25th June 2023.

Coral Princess is currently of the coast of Goa, India:

coralprincesslocation21062023.jpg

image.png.6d06f57a600bc26a81ee09177c36bca6.png

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

Apparently Oman will be missed due to continuing engine problems - heading straight to Dubai. Hopefully they'll be able to fix engine and other issues in Dubai.

OMG - As long as you are all safe. At least in Dubai there are (hopefully) 2 days in Port - lots of engineering etc., in Dubai so fingers crossed everything is fixed - I'll keep an eye on Cruisemapper to see how you are all travelling! Enjoy the ship!

3 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

After leaving Colombo, Sri Lanka on Tuesday, she is now on her way on Muscat, Oman...., opps scratch that....., Just check her AIS.....

She is now on her way to Dubai, United Arab Emirates.... That means she has missed her first port of call of the cruise. 😞

Coral Princess is due to arrive in Dubai on the 25th June 2023.

Coral Princess is currently of the coast of Goa, India:

coralprincesslocation21062023.jpg

image.png.6d06f57a600bc26a81ee09177c36bca6.png

OMG - As long as you are all safe. At least in Dubai there are (hopefully) 2 days in Port - lots of engineering etc., in Dubai so fingers crossed everything is fixed - I'll keep an eye on Cruisemapper to see how you are all travelling! Enjoy the ship!

7 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

Disappointing that the ship has engine troubles this early in the cruise, causing the missing of a port.

8 hours ago, shine2 said:

Hope all going well. Looking forward to seeing in Dubai. On my way now - flying Brissie to Dubai. Chat again soon! 😍

Have a good flight.  Hope engine troubles on ship have been repaired in Dubai.

51 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks.  I thought they may have arrived early after missing a port.  Are they visiting Muscat?

They were supposed to arrive Muscat 9am their time this morning, but last I heard they were skipping Muscat going direct to Dubai to repair engine's.

Don't know if they will spend three days in Dubai, or if engines repair goes well, move on and pick up an additional port like Santorini as the did in 2014WC, or maybe hit Muscat on the way out.

22 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

They were supposed to arrive Muscat 9am their time this morning, but last I heard they were skipping Muscat going direct to Dubai to repair engine's.

Don't know if they will spend three days in Dubai, or if engines repair goes well, move on and pick up an additional port like Santorini as the did in 2014WC, or maybe hit Muscat on the way out.

Thanks  I knew they were missing a port but didn't realise it was Muscat.  They announced that they were missing a port early, in that case.

31 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks  I knew they were missing a port but didn't realise it was Muscat.  They announced that they were missing a port early, in that case.

Current Location Coral Princess.

image.thumb.jpeg.bbdb0d294af92f300149b91fedf8fcc7.jpeg

Tracker shows current destination as Dubai arriving 6:30am Today.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Current Location Coral Princess.

image.thumb.jpeg.bbdb0d294af92f300149b91fedf8fcc7.jpeg

Tracker shows current destination as Dubai arriving 6:30am Today.

Thanks.  So they cruise past Muscat to Dubai.  I like that the Tracker has ports of call on left. as well as the map.

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks  I'm going to have a wonderful time with that.

I just had a look.  I just saw where not to cruise, the Med and Alaska.  We are the lucky country, so we should enjoy it before the cruise lines wake up. 

It seems with the use of the5a6ff6b4637a660a62e5a23de910991f2.thumb.jpg.63c6247aac8aa7c07db0b3df2944b28a.jpg medallion app a few people are losing their phone's. 

Can I suggest you add your room number to your locked screen. I only know how to do Android, just go to your google photo's scroll to library and open screen saver photo.

Edit photo and scroll to highlighter add room number via text.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks.  So they cruise past Muscat to Dubai.  I like that the Tracker has ports of call on left. as well as the map.

Note - the ports of call remain as per the itinerary, but the destination listed in the ship information is live via AIS. So Muscat remains as part of that schedule, but Dubai shows as the current destination.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I just had a look.  I just saw where not to cruise, the Med and Alaska.  We are the lucky country, so we should enjoy it before the cruise lines wake up. 

Alaska is amazing. There is a lot of space for those ships to fit. We will never see those numbers down here - not enough wharves, and not enough passengers to fill them.

If you avoid cruising Alaska because of what you see on a ship AIS, well that would be disappointing. 

6 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

That is really disappointing. They are showing 18 knots, so they are tracking pretty well, but understandable they need to fix something.

I believe they are boarding/disembarking passengers in Dubai, so they won't be able to depart Dubai early if they are not aboard.

5 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Alaska is amazing. There is a lot of space for those ships to fit. We will never see those numbers down here - not enough wharves, and not enough passengers to fill them.

If you avoid cruising Alaska because of what you see on a ship AIS, well that would be disappointing. 

No I'm looking at an Alaskan cruise now.  I absolutely loved Alaska, but didn't like five big ships in port at once.  We cruised by the Alaskan Marine Highway and stayed days in ports.