BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2023

Hi all. Can’t connect to the internet using my Samsung or laptop … only my iPad…. Seems others have the same issue

hence why I have not updated my blog…

captain says we should alongside tomorrow at 8.30 in Dubai Harbour

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

That is really disappointing. They are showing 18 knots, so they are tracking pretty well, but understandable they need to fix something.

I believe they are boarding/disembarking passengers in Dubai, so they won't be able to depart Dubai early if they are not aboard.

Yes I hadn't thought about the boarding of passengers, I suppose it would depend on if they were boarding 25th or the 26th. Cruise mapper is showing them passing Muscat at the moment.

Sad to miss that port, we enjoyed our time there on the 2018WC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gaznjo said:

Hi all. Can’t connect to the internet using my Samsung or laptop … only my iPad…. Seems others have the same issue

Hi Jo…….the plantation shutters look good and the grass looks OK. 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gaznjo said:

Thanks for letting us know, Jo. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Are there any signs on Covid onboard? We were on the Round Australia cruise last year that had a big outbreak so I'm interested to know what is happening now. Numbers were still high in NSW when Coral departed but have dropped in the last week.

• Like 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Are there any signs on Covid onboard? We were on the Round Australia cruise last year that had a big outbreak so I'm interested to know what is happening now. Numbers were still high in NSW when Coral departed but have dropped in the last week.

Not really paying too much attention...  seen a few tables come and go...  what will be will be

Colombo is up on blog

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

14 hours ago, Gaznjo said:

Not really paying too much attention...  seen a few tables come and go...  what will be will be

Colombo is up on blog

Great blog, super pics. Onwards !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gaznjo said:

Colombo is up on blog

Thanks, Jo. I was curious to hear what was happening about Covid as the timeframe is similar to when the outbreak on the Round Australia cruise ramped up last year. Hopefully the number of cases onboard now stays low and people make the effort not to share their viruses around if they do have symptoms. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks, Jo. I was curious to hear what was happening about Covid as the timeframe is similar to when the outbreak on the Round Australia cruise ramped up last year. Hopefully the number of cases onboard now stays low and people make the effort not to share their viruses around if they do have symptoms. 

Might be time to 😷 up.

20 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

No I'm looking at an Alaskan cruise now.  I absolutely loved Alaska, but didn't like five big ships in port at once.  We cruised by the Alaskan Marine Highway and stayed days in ports. 

This ship has a few fans here. I wonder where it is?

IMG_20230606_113901114_HDR.jpg

23 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Yes I hadn't thought about the boarding of passengers, I suppose it would depend on if they were boarding 25th or the 26th. Cruise mapper is showing them passing Muscat at the moment.

Sad to miss that port, we enjoyed our time there on the 2018WC.

Yes. Muscat was a very enjoyable port of call.

So sad that you have missed it.

2024 and 2025 world cruises do not call in Muscat

21 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Friends of ours both have covid on board at the moment. We do not know how widespread it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ekka49 said:

Friends of ours both have covid on board at the moment. We do not know how widespread it is.

Hopefully it will be a minor outbreak. 

I was in isolation for six days after I caught it last year. By then it had become a relatively major outbreak, affecting crew as well as passengers, so they closed one of the MDRs - I guess too many of the dining room crew were affected. So I guess that's a reasonable indication of how big the outbreak is.

If only people who have symptoms would get tested, wear masks, and avoid contact with other passengers. It is highly likely that it is not "just a cold"! Having to spend a few days in isolation isn't the end of the world.

• Like 1