Zaandam waitlist for dining

MUD

We are on a wait list for early fixed dining. Any experience with this? HAL rep said not to worry but we do. My wife has celiac hence no gluten and we want the same wait staff. Won’t take the cruise without it.

We have been almost always on the waitlist for early fixed dining.  When we board we go immediately to the MDR to speak to the head person there.  Usually they will have a table set up at the entrance to sort out dining and table issues.  We have always been able to get a table assigned for the cruise at that time.

Ray

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

We have been almost always on the waitlist for early fixed dining.  When we board we go immediately to the MDR to speak to the head person there.  Usually they will have a table set up at the entrance to sort out dining and table issues.  We have always been able to get a table assigned for the cruise at that time.

Ray

Same experience we have always been able to get same table.

Also, gluten free not an issue. They have a limited gluten free menu, but just talk to the steward at the beginning of the cruise and they will work with you. On our last cruise two of our travel partners had food issues, one an allergy the other could not eat red meat. Both were given a menu a day ahead and were able to preorder to eliminate concerns.

Tom

On the Zaandam in February on embarkation day ,there was a desk on the Lido deck, by the pool. There was someone there to help with MDR reservations . We were on the waitlist for early. We were able to  get a fixed time and same table for entire cruise in early dining. There is always cancellations.

Edited by pmjnh

Fill out this form for special needs.  Simply fill out your dietary requirement , gluten free or whatever.  They will bring her a menu for the next evening’s meal or any MDR meal and they will comply.  

https://book.hollandamerica.com/specialServices/login.action

Regardless of your seat that menu will follow you.  That said I wouldn’t worry too much about the wait list.   Last cruise I did not have pre arranged fixed dining.  First night I reserved a table for 2 for every night for 35 days and I had the same table and same servers every night. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MUD said:

We are on a wait list for early fixed dining. Any experience with this? HAL rep said not to worry but we do. My wife has celiac hence no gluten and we want the same wait staff. Won’t take the cruise without it.

If you don't trust the staff, then you should cancel.  However, as others have said, you can trust the HAL staff.

• 1 month later...

You can put your dietary restrictions on your booking and they'll follow you wherever you go. Ask your TA or PCC to read the whole list to you sometime. It's extensive! Unless you have super unique dietary requirements, like "vegetarian, but no peas," or "sugar free unless it's chocolate," you should be fine.

• Like 1