Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

Just now, Saint Greg said:

I didn’t realize I was in such dire straits. 

IMG_6658.jpeg

IMG_6659.jpeg

Guy next to me sees me taking a picture of the drink. He says “that’s how you keep track of how many you have?” I say no I don’t need to do that and point at the 15. He looks at his receipt and asks the bartender why he doesn’t have a number. She says you’ve only had 5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 28

9 minutes ago, AFS1970 said:

Funny, I was talking about good vs bad bartenders with a friend who is a bartender. To me it is not just the customer service but product knowledge and attitude. I also like a bartender I can trust to make me an interesting drink, but that takes time (more than a week) to develop.

That’s more like an alchemist. If I’m at the hero’s bar I just need someone who can pour a beer or mix vodka and orange juice without being a richard.

• Haha 15

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That’s more like an alchemist. 

A good Alchemist should be able to turn lead into gold. A good bartender is close, but I usually don't require metallurgy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

This is a few rooms down from me. I hope I see one of the parents so I can say “you suck at coloring.”

IMG_6723.jpeg

What are the odds of that? 5 minutes later I’m heading Down to quest. The mother comes out into the hallway and stands right next to the picture so I can walk by. I stop look at it and say “your aren’t very good at coloring.” She laughs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 21

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

don’t know if I saw that but when I was a Cub Scout we used used to basically do a Mongolian wok type of setup but we put everything in foil then wrapped it up and put it in the camp fire. I remember it being very good.

On a 5th/6th grade camp, we twirled bread dough around a stick and held it over a camp fire.  Slightly raw but very tasty!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I did see on the screen in hero’s it said the Stanley cup playoffs are going to be on.

Just waiting for it to come on here, it will be crazy in Vegas tonight, if we were on ship DH would be very happy and watching no matter the time there, Canadian blood! Not that Canadian blood means anything these days - neither team is from Canada and neither team is one of the original six. Las Vegas Knights vs Florida Panthers - yikes - my grumble of the day! Sorry, went a little off-track. 

Edited by cellfree
added verbiage
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Guy next to me sees me taking a picture of the drink. He says “that’s how you keep track of how many you have?” I say no I don’t need to do that and point at the 15. He looks at his receipt and asks the bartender why he doesn’t have a number. She says you’ve only had 5.

image.jpeg.3a6626589a7fe8e042ddc43a95edde38.jpegimage.jpeg.24dfe3caa3cbc9c64cd2e457f475ad9a.jpeg

Edited by Stallion
  • Haha 3