Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I got an email this morning that BOA is sending me another credit card. It says destroy your old one when you get this one. This is the card I’ve been using for everything on the trip. The number on the new one hasn’t changed so I’m guessing they just changed the chip. There hasn’t been any fraudulent activity. I have a 0 balance. I already reviewed my charges and paid it off. I wonder if this is just a precautionary thing or what. If so I wonder if I can still use it in Halifax or if I need to just use another card.

I have BOA too, and I have never had an issue using my old card up until it expires even if the new one is in transit. They give a couple weeks buffer for the time it takes to ship to you.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AKR2011 said:

I have BOA too, and I have never had an issue using my old card up until it expires even if the new one is in transit. They give a couple weeks buffer for the time it takes to ship to you.

I’ve only had this card for a couple months. Is it odd they’re sending me a new one with the same number already?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

In case anyone was wondering that was $375 for everything I charged starting at the airport in Montreal. The hoho buses (except Barcelona. That was prepaid), taxis, site entry tickets, food, and drinks. I did also have some usd cash tips I didn’t track. But overall I don’t think it was bad.

Saint Greg, quick question, (and thank you for all the good info you pass on to us), earlier you said you used a cc that does not have a foreign transaction fee and you choose “euros” when charging something, so my question - when you swipe your card does a choice of “euros” automatically come up along with US dollars and you click on Euros? Have never seen that choice before. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ve only had this card for a couple months. Is it odd they’re sending me a new one with the same number already?

I've definitely had that happen in the past. I actually find it very strange that mine expires in August and a new one hasn't arrived yet. I often get a new card years before I'm due, usually every time they update something aesthetically. I appreciate that since the chip is always wearing off and they charge you for a replacement when you ask yourself.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Saint Greg, quick question, (and thank you for all the good info you pass on to us), earlier you said you used a cc that does not have a foreign transaction fee and you choose “euros” when charging something, so my question - when you swipe your card does a choice of “euros” automatically come up along with US dollars and you click on Euros? Have never seen that choice before. 

Yeah. Most of them want you to tap here btw. I’ve had some that default to euros but on most of them the machine will give you the option of the euro price and the usd price. You select one.

I got the tip that selecting euros is better and I’ve been able to verify that. I have this card setup to alert me on foreign transactions.

So I got a push alert and email for all transactions. That allowed me to follow my purchases and make sure there was no fraud. So like I had one that would’ve been $39…I picked euro. Then when the alert came through it cost me $37.  So based on what I spent that probably saved me $20 on my final bill. Plus I didn’t pay any fees for exchanging currency. A few people may have to exchange some of the cash tips I left them. Sorry about that but it’s better for me and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

People are so rude. Once again I’m in line behind the people the hostess is helping a group of people walk around us to get to the side of the hostess and put their phone in her face. That’s two days in a row. And I know when this happens back home people say “rude Americans” I’m pretty sure this group is European.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

People are so rude. Once again I’m in line behind the people the hostess is helping a group of people walk around us to get to the side of the hostess and put their phone in her face. That’s two days in a row. And I know when this happens back home people say “rude Americans” I’m pretty sure this group is European.

Europeans are known for not waiting.  Even if there is a “Please wait to be seated” sign clearly posted, they will walk into a restaurant and take a seat.  Seen it happen many times.

• Like 5

Had a long convo with the with the couple next to me. It started out as me just calling the lady out about being in my business. I was moving all of the things I don’t need to the other side of the table and when I could tell she was watching me, i asked if she wanted my creamer.

They seem to not understand much. They clearly just did the prepaid tips in cheers and said they thought they would only go to the bartenders they used. She was surprised a milkshake is included but gelato isn’t. She just realized the brunch juice cost $5 and said she’s been getting it every day….etc, etc, etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Back to all tennis all the time mode. I hope they get different channels in NYC. I know we all signed up for something different. But people out of NYC are at least going to expect to have ESPN. I have not seen a single American sports highlight even. Nothing zip zilch zero. I just have a feeling this isn’t going to fly next week.

IMG_7360.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 7

20 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Can't tell for sure from the pictures, but I wonder if that's my Zora from our Freedom cruise in January. Also sailed with her on the Miracle from Long Beach. If it is I'm sure she'll remember Jeffrey! 😄

It is, we had her on the Freedom on our Christmas cruise.  She was fantastic. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ADreamIsAWish said:

Roland-Garros is a huge tennis tournament. The match on right now is a semi-final between one of the "Big 3", Djokovic, and one the star of the "Next Gen", Alcaraz. Could be a history making match. Enjoy!

Oh im in my third place since that picture. I was just there long enough to post about my brunch.

• Like 2