Queen Mary Question

glalonzo0408

There are plenty of YouTube videos with sheltered balcony walk-throughs. 
They are quite nice, however shower very small. Good also for motion sickness because they’re lower on the ship. 

• Like 1

I just had 5127 on QM2 and I sat on my balcony most days.  You do have to stand to see the water but it sure is nice to sit and read your book and smell the sea air.  I always book a sheltered cabin as they protect you from the wind and rain.

This gives you an idea of why you can't see the water when sitting on a sheltered balcony. This was in December. While you may not be able to see the water, it's at least sheltered sufficiently that it's actually comfortable. I'm not sure I'd have been sitting on a 'regular' balcony at that time of year.

100_5192.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

This gives you an idea of why you can't see the water when sitting on a sheltered balcony. This was in December. While you may not be able to see the water, it's at least sheltered sufficiently that it's actually comfortable. I'm not sure I'd have been sitting on a 'regular' balcony at that time of year.

100_5192.JPG

Frank,

Looks like you r on Deck 6 of the QM2 ?

28 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

100_5192.JPG

Your beard has the classic maritime/sea captain look! You are indeed protected from the elements. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's definitely the QM2. But it's probably deck 5, which, for a sheltered balcony, is always the deck I request. There's no chance of being over a theater or restaurant or under the promenade or restaurant.

While going through some old memorabilia I discovered we'd had the same cabin on deck 5, almost 10 years apart.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

It's definitely the QM2. But it's probably deck 5, which, for a sheltered balcony, is always the deck I request. There's no chance of being over a theater or restaurant or under the promenade or restaurant.

While going through some old memorabilia I discovered we'd had the same cabin on deck 5, almost 10 years apart.

Ha.....I was looking at the paint at the window. If white or black? I think Deck 4 is black maybe.

Yes, know about the people who don't like Deck 6 because of the Promenade Deck walkers especially in the morning. Also joggers. Good Point!

We like to go thru and keep a listing of the cabins in case we want to repeat one on Booking.

Thank You!

PS...maybe you look a bit like Captain Warwick........

Edited by BklynBoy8

6 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I was looking at the paint at the window. If white or black? I think Deck 4 is black maybe.

This is from the same crossing. It looks like 4 is black, 5 & 6 are white...

100_5203.JPG

• Thanks 1

Just now, frankp01 said:

This is from the same crossing. It looks like 4 is black, 5 & 6 are white...

100_5203.JPG

Thank you .......thought so....tried to remember pictures.....Thank you again...