Capetown South Africa Day Tours

Billybob79

We spent several days in Cape Town last year both pre and post safari and I can highly recommend https://africanmoonadventures.com/.  Ian is great - very personable and passionate about his country. When we go back we will definitely use him again. Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities we have ever seen.

As others have said, Robben Island is easy to do on your own and ubers are dirt cheap there too.

• 3 months later...
On 5/28/2023 at 3:16 PM, Billybob79 said:

We are looking for recommendations for full day tours in Capetown. We want one that goes, at a minimum to Table Mountain, Robben Island as well doing a City tour. Any suggesstions are welcome as well as contact information. Thank you.

For Robben Island.....we did that tour a few years ago. I booked it online.  We were close enough to walk to the dock. Once you get on the island the tours then were run by former inmates.    Fantastic tour. You don't need a private guide.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 9:39 AM, koolforkatz said:

We spent several days in Cape Town last year both pre and post safari and I can highly recommend https://africanmoonadventures.com/.  Ian is great - very personable and passionate about his country. When we go back we will definitely use him again. Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities we have ever seen.

As others have said, Robben Island is easy to do on your own and ubers are dirt cheap there too.

We just returned from our Cape Town pre and post cruise vacation.  We used www.africanmoonaventures.com and cannot speak highly enough about our time with Ian.  There were 6 of us touring together and our air conditioned vehicle was roomy and immaculate inside and out.  Ian could change our itinerary based on what we wanted to do and see.  On our debarkation cruise day, our scheduled flights home were not until 9:00pm.  Ian was able to pick us up at the cruise ship, tour with us all day and drop us off at the airport.  His prices are extremely reasonable and we were so pleased with our time spent together. 

On another note, I agree with koolforkatz about the inexpensive Ubers.  We used them several times.

• Like 2

Folks:  I want to extend a quick thank you to all who provided names and contact info of tour guides.  You are making our planning for next January very easy.  We will be in Cape Town for three days prior to a Regent transatlantic cruise and plan to max out our excursions. 

Z and TB

Just back from eight nights post cruise in Cape Town. You don't need a private guide, ubers are plentiful, very cheap and safe. Similarly the HOHO bus will get you pretty much everywhere you want and run every 20 minutes. Botanic gardens, table mountain - go early, take a jacket and pick a clear day, afternoon tea at the Mount Nelson Hotel, the waterfront for superb food, a sunset cruise and the diamond museum, grassmarket for crafts and souvenirs, citi sightseeing who run the Hoho bus also do a great day trip to Cape point and boulder beach to see African penguins. 

On 6/20/2023 at 10:11 AM, cashmeremypuppydog said:

I hope this info can be helpful. I posted this in May 2023 after

Hello Kappy65,

I was searching for my cruise (apparently not on the roll call!) and came across your post.

I thought I would share with you what I posted this in May 2023:

“Hello all,

I love writing info on great drivers/guides for independent travellers. I have been blessed in my life to find many with great passion.

We travelled for 7 weeks in Feb-March 2023 and I would like to share 2 with you from South Africa.

JOHANNESBURG: After lots of research on TA, I fortunately found Moses Molepe. He owns mtmtours. He was very quick to reply to all my emails. I arranged for him to pick us up from the airport (he was waiting for us at 2am as our flight was 2 hours late) and 2 full day tours (Pretoria & Diamond Mine — Johannesburg & Soweto). I love quality/price and he is just that! He has been driving/guiding for many years but you can see he loves his job. He also dropped us off at the airport for us to fly to Victoria Falls. I booked Moses about 6 weeks before our arrival. Trust me, you can not find better. moses@mtmtours.co.za +27 11 766 5417   He drives a very nice van.

CAPE TOWN: As CT was our last stop on our epic holiday, I slacked off and had not arranged a driver/guide. After our arrival at our accommodation, the owner of the condo gave us the name of Godfrey Manual. I contacted him and AGAIN, we were blessed with the expertise, gentleness and great quality/price of this guide/driver. Godfrey toured us for 3 full day and dropped us off at the airport. He really became a friend and we will miss him. You can reach Godfrey Manual at info@impresstours.com +27 83 261 9597  Godfrey drives a very nice van.

The Canadians!😎

P.S. If you need driver info for Victoria Falls, Kasane, Safari in Tanzania and Safari in Uganda, send me a message…”

I hope people will discover Africa in general. It is a very special place.

Chantal

An African Ambassador 🦍🦏🦛🐘🦓🦒🦁

Is the capetown guide as wonderful as the Bali guide you recommended  ( and we loved). We'll be in Capetown for a week in November 

On 3/5/2024 at 12:41 PM, Mrs f. said:

Is the capetown guide as wonderful as the Bali guide you recommended  ( and we loved). We'll be in Capetown for a week in November 

Hello Mrs f,

Godfrey is an older gentleman (in his 60s), wonderful person, on time, fair price and he has been in the business for many, many years. Dewa has a very special place in my heart as he is like a son to me. Godfrey is like a good friend. I know you will love him. I only post info on drivers who have passion and are great human beings…

Say hi to Godfrey from Chantal & Dennis.

Thanks.  We used Dewa and keep recommending him.  I'll contact Godfrey...we are interested in wine tours.  We'll be staying in Capetown for a little over a week.  Had a wonderful guide but health issues have forced him to stop working so I am looking for someone new.  

22 hours ago, cashmeremypuppydog said:

Hello Mrs f,

Godfrey is an older gentleman (in his 60s), wonderful person, on time, fair price and he has been in the business for many, many years. Dewa has a very special place in my heart as he is like a son to me. Godfrey is like a good friend. I know you will love him. I only post info on drivers who have passion and are great human beings…

Can you send me his contact info?  marjim48atgmaildotcom 

23 hours ago, cashmeremypuppydog said:

Hello Mrs f,

We emailed the address you have listed and it bounced back. Looks like he may have formed a company and changed the name.

On 3/7/2024 at 3:31 PM, cashmeremypuppydog said:

Hello again,

I always post on WhatsApp so here it is:

Godfrey Manual

+27 83 261 9597

Let me know if you do not use WhatsApp…

I will forward your email to Godfrey.

Good luck!

Contact has been made. Godfrey was touring.  We shall speak.  Thanks

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 1:56 PM, loerie said:

As an ex South African .Going up Table Mountain is dicey.aIf weather is not too windy or too cloudy the Cable Cars will work.Same with Robbin island although there are far better places to see than that the island .

You can easily book your own tickets to Table Mountain at tablemountain.net, they are goos for a week. Do the same for Robbins Island