A Question about Sushi Restaurant on Ovation and Encore

SLSD

Mr. SLSD and I have sailed on both Ovation and Encore, but, because we do not care for sushi, never tried the Sushi restaurant.   On our upcoming cruise on Ovation, I am looking for alternative dining options.  What does the Sushi restaurant offer aside from sushi?  I like seviche, but Mr. SLSD does not.  I'm hoping there is something on the menu--either lunch or dinner that we might enjoy.  Thank you for any experience you might share.  

Edited by SLSD

1 hour ago, SLSD said:

Mr. SLSD and I have sailed on both Ovation and Encore, but, because we do not care for sushi, never tried the Sushi restaurant.   On our upcoming cruise on Ovation, I am looking for alternative dining options.  What does the Sushi restaurant offer aside from sushi?  I like seviche, but Mr. SLSD does not.  I'm hoping there is something on the menu--either lunch or dinner that we might enjoy.  Thank you for any experience you might share.  

Bento boxes for lunch and not all the items are raw fish.  You can view the dinner menu on seabourn source

Nancy

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nancygp said:

Bento boxes for lunch and not all the items are raw fish.  You can view the dinner menu on seabourn source

Nancy

I'll do that.  I may have to go for lunch there alone as Mr. SLSD is a bit unwilling to try ANYTHING raw.  I think I would try it.  

You can try do a google search for "sushi without raw fish", and you will find many possibilities. For example, avocado can be used to make very good sushi. On the other hand, I have many friends who sweared that they would never eat any raw fish, but once they try one, they become addicted.

• Like 1

I think there are about five options for lunch plus a very limited basic sushi selection.  From recollection there is a Ramen/Udon bowl, then there are bentos.  One has salmon, one mushroom and one potsticker/dumpling.  There could be a fourth bento option, but I don't remember.

If you are looking for good sushi, then don't go for lunch.  Dinner has a normal selection.  

11 minutes ago, texanaust said:

I think there are about five options for lunch plus a very limited basic sushi selection.  From recollection there is a Ramen/Udon bowl, then there are bentos.  One has salmon, one mushroom and one potsticker/dumpling.  There could be a fourth bento option, but I don't remember.

If you are looking for good sushi, then don't go for lunch.  Dinner has a normal selection.  

We are looking for anything BUT sushi as we don't eat sushi.  What I really want to know is what can you have at the Sushi restaurant aside from Sushi.  

Here is a link to the lunch menu for Sushi restaurant.  The bento and ramen are all cooked, sushi rolls available on the side.

https://www.seabourn.com/content/dam/sbn/marketing-assets/experience/dining/Sushi-Lunch.pdf

We loved going to Sushi for lunch on Ovation - the staff are so friendly too. We’ll miss it on our next cruise, on Quest. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, CruiserfaeFife said:

Here is a link to the lunch menu for Sushi restaurant.  The bento and ramen are all cooked, sushi rolls available on the side.

https://www.seabourn.com/content/dam/sbn/marketing-assets/experience/dining/Sushi-Lunch.pdf

We loved going to Sushi for lunch on Ovation - the staff are so friendly too. We’ll miss it on our next cruise, on Quest. 

Thank you very much.  This is exactly what I was looking for and tells me that we CAN enjoy lunch at Sushi.  The bento boxes will work for us along with the noodles and minced pork.  I think I can convince Mr. SLSD that this will work for him.  I want to try it.  We don't do buffets.  This will give us another option.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 1

If you don't like sushi your lunch options on Encore are very limited. The main dining room did not open for lunch once on our recent 14 day Greek Isles cruise. The pool grill did not open until 1PM (very strange). So we were stuck with the buffet every day. The menu changed each day and was generally good; but the venue became boring.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CJANDH said:

If you don't like sushi your lunch options on Encore are very limited. The main dining room did not open for lunch once on our recent 14 day Greek Isles cruise. The pool grill did not open until 1PM (very strange). So we were stuck with the buffet every day. The menu changed each day and was generally good; but the venue became boring.

See menu above--there ARE. non Sushi offerings on the lunch menu.  

6 minutes ago, SLSD said:

See menu above--there ARE. non Sushi offerings on the lunch menu. 

But not many. On a recent Regent cruise our lunch options were: Buffet, Chartreuse or Prime 7 (alternating daily) and pool grill that opened at 11:30AM. 

3 minutes ago, CJANDH said:

But not many. On a recent Regent cruise our lunch options were: Buffet, Chartreuse or Prime 7 (alternating daily) and pool grill that opened at 11:30AM. 

I was just asking about the menu at Sushi for lunch.  We don't do buffets--and will order from the Colonnade menu.  There is a lack of choice at lunch I'm afraid.  Some months ago there was a long thread about The Restaurant not being open for lunch.  We've never sailed on Regent--but WILL be sailing on SB soon.  

Vegetarian, salmon, eel and a few other sushi rolls are also offered at sushi restaurant lunch hours.

Restaurant only offers breakfast and lunch during port days. 
I only consume buffets on embarkation day, as sushi restaurant isn’t open. I am ‘parked’ at sushi restaurant during port days.

Edited by SwankPooch

35 minutes ago, SwankPooch said:

Vegetarian, salmon, eel and a few other sushi rolls are also offered at sushi restaurant lunch hours.

Restaurant only offers breakfast and lunch during port days. 
I only consume buffets on embarkation day, as sushi restaurant isn’t open. I am ‘parked’ at sushi restaurant during port days.

Sadly, we don't eat Sushi, but I'm glad there are other offerings on the Sushi lunch menu!

1 hour ago, SLSD said:

We don't do buffets--and will order from the Colonnade menu.

FWIW, if you're on Encore you've also got (for extra $$$, or $$$$) the Retreat area which has a special menu at lunchtime (see attached), served in your cabana.  It is definitely not worth splurging for the lunch, but in case you are already thinking of doing it you can enjoy a nice lunch along with the other benefits.  

menu_template_-_the_retreat_-_2023.pdf

• Thanks 2

On 5/29/2023 at 1:04 PM, texanaust said:

I was missing the chicken bento.  Seishin on Silversea has a much better sushi lunch.

16 hours ago, CJANDH said:

Patio has been opening at 12.00 and sometimes open until 16.00 depending on the Port.

The Patio was open at 12:30 on Encore which we left  on 21 May (3 weeks).

The chicken was good.  The salmon was excellent in the bento boxes.

The service was outstanding a great team

We did find dinner rather lacking.  The sushi and sashimi was just "OK" .  Rolls were good.  The number of choices of fish was rather limited and for 1 week of 3 -- NO SAKE.

20 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

We did find dinner rather lacking.  The sushi and sashimi was just "OK" .  Rolls were good.  The number of choices of fish was rather limited and for 1 week of 3 -- NO SAKE.

Was on the ovation in April.  Our group had dinner twice at sushi and it was excellent.  We had great servers and suggested we do an omasake (sp?) type of dinner with the chef making the course by course selections.  We were pleasantly surprised.  There was plenty of Sake available during the 2 weeks.

Personally, I’m not a big fan of the lunch, bento box items and limited roll offers.  We didn’t have lunch in sushi on that cruise.  Tried it last summer and it was ok.

Nancy

On 5/31/2023 at 4:37 PM, Tallante said:

Patio has been opening at 12.00 and sometimes open until 16.00 depending on the Port.

Currently on Quest restaurant is open every day for Breakfast and lunch - short window. Pool girl opens at 1:00 and colonnade is open breakfast/lunch.