Entertainers

15 years ago, you used to be able to email Royal Caribbean to find out who the entertainers on your ship were going to be.  Anyone know if you can still do that?  (Looking for Music Hall, Schooner Bar, etc. for June 9-16 on Oasis)

5 minutes ago, Family9Osheap said:

15 years ago, you used to be able to email Royal Caribbean to find out who the entertainers on your ship were going to be.  Anyone know if you can still do that?  (Looking for Music Hall, Schooner Bar, etc. for June 9-16 on Oasis)

web_reservations@rccl.com

• Like 1

Thank you, ourusualbeach.  That's what I used to do.  Didn't know if that was still possible, as I haven't done it in awhile.  I'll give it a shot.  I never understand why they don't publicize that more.  I think those entertainers are even more appealing than the production shows.

1 hour ago, Family9Osheap said:

Thank you, ourusualbeach.  That's what I used to do.  Didn't know if that was still possible, as I haven't done it in awhile.  I'll give it a shot.  I never understand why they don't publicize that more.  I think those entertainers are even more appealing than the production shows.

Let us know if you are successful 🙂 

I would love to see the Bon Jovi tribute band but have no idea what ship they are  on or when… We also enjoyed a great band on our Ovation cruise to Alaska last summer called The Switched On Band that I would love to see again! 

31 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Slippery When Wet is considered to be the ultimate Bon Jovi tribute band.

Yep, and when Jon Bon Jovi himself did a couple of cruises for fans in 2019, he brought Slippery When Wet along.  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They were great!

Several years ago I knew a guy who was in a CSN tribute band .He told me that one night they were playing at a venue that Graham Nash was in..Afterward he told them that their rendition of Almost Cut My Hair was better than CSN’s.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Newcruiser2012 said:

Yes! This is the one I have heard about and would love to see!

I see you're in Florida, so you might have a chance to see them locally. I want to say they live in Georgia, but you can see from their tour page, they go all over the place.   They keep their FB page up-to-date as well.  Nice guys.   http://slipperywhenwetband.com/  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, dramamommao said:

Everyone does have their own style - There are some piano entertainers who I would not want to see again myself whom others absolutely love.

Anything in particular your not fond of if I may ask?

I guess I don't like "mean" humor.  If the only way you think you can get a laugh is by tearing apart the person who performed right before you about their heritage, lack of hair, etc. .. you aren't funny.  That was low enough, but then it was followed with snarky comments about gender that really shouldn't be said in public in what was then 2021. Just a bit of background - I'm a white, straight woman of Scandinavian descent - none of his schtick was directed my way.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got a response from RC.  

Oasis of the Seas sailing on June 9, 2023
- Jason Bishop : Magician
- Robbie Litt: PortsideBBQ
-Giles Edmunds: Schooner Bar Entertainer
- Trent Jean Michel: Pub Guitarist
- Greg Vaccariello: Comedian
- Al Romas: Comedian
- Sergii Shcherbinin: Ice Act - Star Act
- Long Run: Tribute Band

2 hours ago, Family9Osheap said:

Got a response from RC.  

Oasis of the Seas sailing on June 9, 2023
- Jason Bishop : Magician
- Robbie Litt: PortsideBBQ
-Giles Edmunds: Schooner Bar Entertainer
- Trent Jean Michel: Pub Guitarist
- Greg Vaccariello: Comedian
- Al Romas: Comedian
- Sergii Shcherbinin: Ice Act - Star Act
- Long Run: Tribute Band

We are on Oasis the following week, the 16th,  I know Aeromyth is the band according to their own website.