Palace Hotel Copenhagen

We are booked for a 2-night pre-cruise in Copenhagen, staying at the Copenhagen Hotel.  If anyone has stayed at this hotel, please give me your impressions.  We should be arriving at hotel around Noon, so I doubt our room will be ready.  Any ideas on what to do within a reasonable distance around hotel if we have to wait for our room?  Also, any suggestion on restaurants for dinner?

You will be near Tivoli Gardens and Glyptoteket Museum - both very worthy destinations. Very walkable city and good public transportation so pretty much the entire city will be at your disposal. We love Tivoli Gardens in the late afternoon, early evening for dining, as the lights all go on. Expensive, but such a magical space. Yes, it is corny. Yes, it is touristy. But it is unique, still beautifully maintained and long a signature in this special city.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kamfish642 said:

We are booked for a 2-night pre-cruise in Copenhagen, staying at the Copenhagen Hotel. 

Are you talking about the Scandic Palace? (It’s not clear from your thread title and comment above.)

If so, we’ve stayed there, and I’ll offer comments it that’s where you are booked. 😊

Go to Tivoli, you can easily spend all day/evening there. If you leave through the Food Hall, you can come back again the same day.

You can also just spend some time in the Food Hall, alot of excellent food there. Free entrance (not the food though obviously).

There is only one Palace hotel in Copenhagen (Scandic) - the hotel is centrally located. When you book a hotel on the Scandic website, you can request an early check-in - I would suggest that you contact the hotel - there may be a small fee depending on how you have booked.
How many nights in Copenhagen? - my suggestion for the afternoon will depend on how long you’re staying.

Okay, since the OP will be staying at the Scandic Palace, I'll add some comments. We spent several nights there in August 2018.  It is indeed in a great location, we walked everywhere.  

We arrived well before check-in after an overnight flight from the U.S. We dropped our bags, and headed off for a free walking tour of Copenhagen that started at City Hall, just across from the hotel. (We'd booked this in advance.) This gave us a good introduction to the city, but we were pretty zonked before the end and baled a bit early.   (The guide was wonderful.  They work for tips, be generous!) 

https://www.copenhagenfreewalkingtours.dk/index.html

@Kamfish642A couple of negatives about the hotel, depending on your room, so you might want to make some requests.  The location across from City Hall is great, but the downside is that many of the rooms will hear the bell in the bell tower, which chimes every 15 minutes and then rings out the hour, from (iirc) 8am until midnight.  (Or at least did so in 2018.)  Although we'd asked for a quiet room and our room was not along the street, we could still hear the bell as our room windows did face the direction of City Hall, and it was pretty disturbing at night.

The second downside was that our room had a tub/shower combo with a tub wall that was dangerously too high for me.  If you are short or have knee/mobility issues, you might want to ask about rooms with a shower only.

I hope you have a great trip!

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Are you talking about the Scandic Palace? (It’s not clear from your thread title and comment above.)

If so, we’ve stayed there, and I’ll offer comments it that’s where you are booked. 😊

Yes, it is the Scandic Palace Hotel.

On 5/30/2023 at 2:43 PM, Turtles06 said:

The location across from City Hall is great, but the downside is that many of the rooms will hear the bell in the bell tower, which chimes every 15 minutes and then rings out the hour, from (iirc) 8am until midnight.  (Or at least did so in 2018.)  Although we'd asked for a quiet room and our room was not along the street, we could still hear the bell as our room windows did face the direction of City Hall, and it was pretty disturbing at night.

One will probably hear the bells regardless. My ex lived near a cathedral... fantastic location, but there was no peace for the wicked. Once the drunk people stopped making noise, the bell tower took over. 

Edited by ExpatBride