Where is the information re amenities etc onboard ?

sandy1020

Hi

We are leaving on a cruise on Azamara in about a month and I cannot seem to find the usual info about what is available on board.    Example: Restaurants, which ones and prices , wifi prices and packages, beverage packages, spa services, etc   I was able to see excursions in my account. We are Discoverer level on Azamara   and we have cruised with Oceania and Celebrity in the last three months and it was quite easy to have all that info.   Where is this info available?   I realize that the web site is a catastrophe!

From the Azamara website, use the Booked Guests tab.  You can view all of the packages from there.  Azamara Circle tab will take you to where you can view the Discoverer level benefits.

• Like 1

Quick summary: 2 specialty restaurants, $35/head surcharge unless you get a dining package, which tend to save you $5-$10 pp, per meal, depending upon the package. Most alcohol is already included, I've calculated that you must drink a minimum of 5 drinks per day, again per person to break even. You can't just get 1 package, both passengers are required to buy the same package. So thats a minimum of 10 drinks (I wrote "drunks") daily. All coffee, soft drinks, water, alcohol at the bars, juice, etc. is included in your fare.  Internet is available based on Azamara/former RC-Celebrity status, there is an hourly rate, daily, and cruise duration rate. I think you each get 90 minutes of free internet at Discoverer level, don't hold me to it. If you have minutes based on your status, you can eat through them, then purchase the pro-rated package if you want more time. Discoverer status gives you one free bag of laundry per 7 days of cruising (they do a fantastic job), I still haven't figured out if that translates to 2 bags on a 12 nite trip. There is a small discount at the spa, I think about 15%  based on status. Very, very hard to get spa prices until you get on board. NB, they tack on a 20% "gratuity" to all spa services, so there is NO need to tip again. That's about it. Azamara is absolutely fantastic. I think they contracted with North Korean programmers to "do" their web site and there had to have been some sort of sabotage against their customer service staff. All reports I've read about service on board the ships is the old, routine, every day excellence. The misery at our end is temporary. Have a great trip!

• Like 2

We have sailed Azamara twice (one before Covid) and I find the web site very hard to find stuff.  Even the new updated web site is difficult to find things.  And asking through Cruise Critic gets different answers.  I seemed to have found the most complete set of information in the notebook and other material that is in your cabin. It is important to read this the first day.

The one bag of laundry ever 7 days is per for each guest with the loyalty status.

You can buy a drink package anytime on the ship, once you buy it you can't stop it.  Also one person in the cabin can have a package and the other doesn't need to buy one.  (but the bartender etc won't serve the one person two drinks at a time etc, so I wouldn't try using the one package to cover both of you) On the flyers for drink package there is a discount for your loyalty status, I believe the first status gets you 5% off.

The info of what comes with your cabin can be found under Our Ships -> Staterooms

It looks like on the new web most of the information can be found under Our Ships, just need to go through each tab.  But this does seem to be better organized than before.

If you look at the website there is a little menu top left. Click on that & you see various headings - Cruises, Destination, Our Ships, On Shore, Deals & Booked Guests. Clicking on these leads to another set of menus for each and they give lots of information. You may also find it helpful to look at the Cruise Critic topic ‘Tips for Azamara Newbies’ and it’s associated spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whitby100 said:

Is this new or have I missed opportunities re laundry service? I have only ever had one bag of laundry per cabin, not one per guest.  I have not sailed since before Covid though.  

Unless something has changed since March laundry is still per stateroom, they did update it a while ago to combine suite and loyalty offers so in a suite it is possible to get 2 per week. 
It does have to be a full week so 12 days is still only one bag but 14 days gets you two.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Riocca said:

Unless something has changed since March laundry is still per stateroom, they did update it a while ago to combine suite and loyalty offers so in a suite it is possible to get 2 per week. 
It does have to be a full week so 12 days is still only one bag but 14 days gets you two.

I was about to write almost exactly the same.

If not in a suite (where you may be able to combine suite & loyalty benefits) :

. . one bag per stateroom per week, i.e. a full 7 days

. . therefore two bags per stateroom needs to be 14 days

. .  and if doing B2B, the week starts anew at the beginning of the second cruise, so for example, doing two 12 day cruises you would only have two bags of laundry per stateroom, not three.

• Like 3