Sydney Hotel insights on these options

We have never been to Sydney or Australia and we have begun to look at Sydney hotels for a 7 night stay prior to our March 2024 cruise. We have read many reviews/opinions on where to stay and the quality of the many options. Thinking we will do the major attractions as well as do a day trip to blue mountains. Prefer to be within walking distance of many of the attractions.

We have narrowed our focus to the following hotels and wanted to get opinions on these given some of our plans: Radisson Blu, The Langham and The Four Seasons

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

51 minutes ago, funcruzer1 said:

We have never been to Sydney or Australia and we have begun to look at Sydney hotels for a 7 night stay prior to our March 2024 cruise. We have read many reviews/opinions on where to stay and the quality of the many options. Thinking we will do the major attractions as well as do a day trip to blue mountains. Prefer to be within walking distance of many of the attractions.

We have narrowed our focus to the following hotels and wanted to get opinions on these given some of our plans: Radisson Blu, The Langham and The Four Seasons

7 nights is to long to stay in a hotel room and in my opinion in Sydney.

If you were to stay the whole 7 nights ,a serviced apartment would be better. They are cross between a hotel and a home .They have a kitchen,lounge ect .

There’s a few but check out Merton. https://www.meritonsuites.com.au/our-hotels/nsw/

Skye suites

https://skyesydney.com.au/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIybT2qPid_wIVX5NmAh0agg_GEAAYASAAEgJQ4vD_BwE

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

7 nights is to long to stay in a hotel room and in my opinion in Sydney.

If you were to stay the whole 7 nights ,a serviced apartment would be better. They are cross between a hotel and a home .They have a kitchen,lounge ect .

There’s a few but check out Merton. https://www.meritonsuites.com.au/our-hotels/nsw/

Skye suites

https://skyesydney.com.au/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIybT2qPid_wIVX5NmAh0agg_GEAAYASAAEgJQ4vD_BwE

Chili I am agreeing with you. We are currently staying at Meriton Kent st. Amazing views of Darling Harbour and out to sea from our room. This is in an Altitude suite.. Plenty of room also. 7 nights for us in any of the amazing hotels previously mentioned would not be ideal for us!

• Like 3

A 7 night stay for me would be all about the location, rather than the hotel. 

Public transport is excellent in Sydney, so then it is a matter of what appeals most to you - city (near Botanical Gardens, Hyde Park with the War Memorial), Beaches, harbour, views or harbour walks or on ferry routes, etc. 

I stay at Potts Point because I like the location - walk to harbour, walk to city via botanical gardens, lots of restaurants, live theatre, semi residential.  

6 hours ago, funcruzer1 said:

Lol. By tomorrow, we will have expanded your shortlist from 3 to 50.

If you are planning to get around on the harbour, I would go the Four Seasons. Also, if your budget allows, the views from their harbour rooms are spectacular and it is an easy short walk to the cruise terminal.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Lol. By tomorrow, we will have expanded your shortlist from 3 to 50.

If you are planning to get around on the harbour, I would go the Four Seasons. Also, if your budget allows, the views from their harbour rooms are spectacular and it is an easy short walk to the cruise terminal.

Yes good idea. I ride the ferries daily when I’m in Sydney.  For theatre lovers, Sydney Theatre Company theatres are just around the corner and Opera House is close.

Have you considered breaking the seven nights in Sydney and doing an overnight (or even two nights) in Blue Mountains? Rather than a day trip. Easy train to Katoomba (walk to Three Sisters, even walk to Leura Cascades from here). You could leave bulk of luggage at Sydney hotel. Most offer this service.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, resordanis said:

Chili I am agreeing with you. We are currently staying at Meriton Kent st. Amazing views of Darling Harbour and out to sea from our room. This is in an Altitude suite.. Plenty of room also. 7 nights for us in any of the amazing hotels previously mentioned would not be ideal for us!

Oh ,we do agree on something LOL

7 nights in a hotel would be a bit tedious and some of the rooms like Four Seasons are small. The Langham hasn’t go very good transport options.The Raddison blu does supposed to have large rooms from what I’ve heard and some decent transport options.

Have you tried Skye apartments Cheryl? Not many on this forum seem to know about it .

A couple of blocks from Barangaroo,QVB and Wynyard train ,they use to have breakfast included in an adjoining cafe or you can cook your own. No view but nice location.

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Oh ,we do agree on something LOL

7 nights in a hotel would be a bit tedious and some of the rooms like Four Seasons are small. The Langham hasn’t go very good transport options.The Raddison blu does supposed to have large rooms from what I’ve heard and some decent transport options.

Have you tried Skye apartments Cheryl? Not many on this forum seem to know about it .

A couple of blocks from Barangaroo,QVB and Wynyard train ,they use to have breakfast included in an adjoining cafe or you can cook your own. No view but nice location.

Hi Chili, yes we can agree! Will have a look at Skye Apartments.We stay usually at Meriton Kent st or Campbell st depending on the price. We used to stay at View North Sydney too, but definitely need more space for anything over 3 nights. This time at Kent st we have very good views, but will look at Skye Apartments.

UPDATE Just looked at Skye…..very nice but out of our price range. Will stick to Meriton.

Edited by resordanis
  • Like 2