Unhelpful pictures

chemmo

I booked an Infinity cruise for next year yesterday. I wanted to show a friend a few pictures of Infinity and was shocked that when I click on ‘Infinity’ and ‘retreat’ I am then shown pictures of Edge class ship retreat areas.

Whilst it doesn’t matter that much to me, I simply searched on line some pictures I did find it rather disconcerting. I know the retreat lounge is the old Michael’s Club and I know there is no suite deck. I do find it rather misleading that pictures of Edge ships come up when you have clearly clicked on Infinity first before clicking on retreat.

Absolutely of no use to anyone browsing to actually get pictures of Infinity’s decor and facilities and misleading to anyone who doesn’t notice the disclaimers at the end.

Come on Celebrity! You can do better than this. No need for only one set of ‘generic’ Retreat pictures. Show them for each ship!

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 4

We booked an Aqua class cabin on Infinity yesterday and found the same - most of the photos on the website are of an E class ship. If we didn’t know better we would be very disappointed when we boarded. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

We booked an Aqua class cabin on Infinity yesterday and found the same - most of the photos on the website are of an E class ship. If we didn’t know better we would be very disappointed when we boarded. 

It actually gets worse the more you delve…No where on the website can I find a picture of the Infinity PH. No matter how I click I either get Edge class PH or the Millennium PH which has been upgraded. As I said in my initial post (and like yourselves) we know the facts but very confusing for first time to Celebrity cruisers. If you look at the RS you get the inside of Edge class and the balcony of S class. Again misleading and actually offering no factual pictures of what you are actually booking or thinking of booking. Very confusing….

1 minute ago, jean87510 said:

There are a couple of you tube videos the suites themselves plus a few of the overall ship.  

Thanks, I actually know the layout and design pretty well. We cruised in the same suite on Millie and Summit before they were upgraded.

My point was more that the web site ship descriptions and pictures are ‘mixing and matching’ across the fleet meaning that there is no way you can simply click on the ship you are sailing on and actually see pictures of the rooms you are trying to book. For new cruisers to Celebrity there is no easy way to get a real view of what to expect. 

39 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

Exactly! Actually, I also don’t think they are doing the M class ships any favours. For example, the Infinity Retreat Lounge (Michael’s Club) has an ambiance of its own and may appeal to some guests more than the E class one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Thanks, I actually know the layout and design pretty well. We cruised in the same suite on Millie and Summit before they were upgraded.

My point was more that the web site ship descriptions and pictures are ‘mixing and matching’ across the fleet meaning that there is no way you can simply click on the ship you are sailing on and actually see pictures of the rooms you are trying to book. For new cruisers to Celebrity there is no easy way to get a real view of what to expect. 

Exactly! Actually, I also don’t think they are doing the M class ships any favours. For example, the Infinity Retreat Lounge (Michael’s Club) has an ambiance of its own and may appeal to some guests more than the E class one. 

Gotcha.  Yes, you are correct.  I can't find any pictures on Celebrity website of the retreat other then the edge class.  I luckily found my actual Reflection room on YouTube.

17 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Gotcha.  Yes, you are correct.  I can't find any pictures on Celebrity website of the retreat other then the edge class.  I luckily found my actual Reflection room on YouTube.

Thank goodness for YouTube and cruise critic!

• Like 3

You’re right, it’s very confusing and misleading. If I was just starting to explore ships for future bookings I’d take what I saw on the official company website as current, factual information. I know they’re proud of the shiny new E Class photos, but they need to be honest about what they have to offer at the current price point so people can make an informed decision. 

• Like 3

It’s been that way for years and years. Sloppy I mean. Well over 10 years ago they used the same photo of Constellation’s Michaels club for each of the M class ships.  

but then, accuracy has never been a hallmark of Celebrity’s website.  This is my favorite ooops

830ABCD7-E877-4244-9576-03E95B9A43E8.jpeg

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s been that way for years and years. Sloppy I mean. Well over 10 years ago they used the same photo of Constellation’s Michaels club for each of the M class ships.  

but then, accuracy has never been a hallmark of Celebrity’s website.  This is my favorite ooops

830ABCD7-E877-4244-9576-03E95B9A43E8.jpeg

When you first posted this my morning coffee went everywhere….As you say, accuracy doesn’t seem to be a high priority…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

Interesting as photos of both  Constellation & Infinity show the non E class decor when I look at the X website and select these ships 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-constellation/the-retreat

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-infinity/the-retreat

I went to the general website, as if browsing a cruise, clicked on Infinity and clicked on retreat…

I find that many of the images shown for various locations (lounges and suites included) have a gallery link in the upper right corner. Clicking this often takes you to a series of pictures for each class of ship, although not necessarily a specific ship.

image.png.bbe73f23154f5867035556163a83e0b8.png

Perhaps you already used this?

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

I went to the general website, as if browsing a cruise, clicked on Infinity and clicked on retreat…

Hopefully the link I posted gave you the pictures you were looking for to share with your friend. I select Ships, Infinity and these photos are right there.

Edited by jelayne

9 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Here is the pictures on the website for the Reflection.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-reflection?icid=xplrsh_wrnssn_rfl_hm_other_153

29 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Hopefully the link I posted gave you the pictures you were looking for to share with your friend. I select Ships, Infinity and these photos are right there.

Thanks,  the link did work. However, if I go ships, infinity, retreat I get Edge class…I think it is when you go to room categories the anomalies come up. 

36 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Thanks,  the link did work. However, if I go ships, infinity, retreat I get Edge class…I think it is when you go to room categories the anomalies come up. 

Yes if you don't go to Retreat the page that I posted comes up and the pictures of the Suites are correct for a unrevolutionized ship.

Just now, jelayne said:

Yes if you don't go to Retreat the page that I posted comes up and the pictures of the Suites are correct for a unrevolutionized ship.

I think the route I took would be that of a casual browser….As I say, I know the pictures I was expecting, if I was a new cruiser to Celebrity I think I would find it confusing.